Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i have no injection light on, my gtv seems quicker with no maf plugged in. It does not have that kick at 4000rpm, but is no slower when i had the same trouble on my jtd, when i disconnected the maf, the car was so slow and i have read on here that if you disconnect the maf the car goes into limp home mode. Dont want to spend 150 quid on something i dont need.

Anyone got any ideas,,, i know the maf has been done to death, but this does not seem to follow the same pattern.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The "limp mode" is quite different for the petrol and diesel engines, the V6 runs quite well without the MAF. But if the car runs better with the MAF disconnected it's definitely broken! And yes, you need a new one to pass the emissions tests I think...

·
Registered
30,421 Posts
Yes, if your car runs better with the MAF disconnected, you need a new one!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Is the MAF the same as the Lamda sensor?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is the MAF the same as the Lamda sensor?
No, the Lambda is connected to the exhaust, usually before the cat, but there can be one before and after on some cars. It works with the MAf to control emissions.

·
Vendor
47,389 Posts
No, the Lambda is connected to the exhaust, usually before the cat, but there can be one before and after on some cars. It works with the MAf to control emissions.
Correct, and to add, the MAF is in the intake piping, so quite a long way from the lambda!

·
Banned
913 Posts
So i still need a MAF then, jsut wondered as i had new Lambda, but think i still need new MAF. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts