Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
6,072 Posts
Alfa
People take the p*ss when I check the oil in a petrol station, lifting the bonnet on a car is so alien to people these days they always assume it is broken
As long as you are not one of those selfish pillocks who lift the bonnet to check stuff whilst still at the pump and there is a queue behind you! Just as bad as the women who take about an hour between getting in the car and driving off. Anyone who takes nore than twenty second to put their belt on, start the car and drive off....death penalty!
Joking apart, unless you are going to hang around for a while for the oil to return to the sump you won't get an accurate reading anyway.

·
Registered
38,403 Posts
I worked with somebody who used to calculate his fuel consumption on returning to his car after paying for the fuel, using the keyboard on his watch.

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
695 Posts
As long as you are not one of those selfish pillocks who lift the bonnet to check stuff whilst still at the pump and there is a queue behind you! Just as bad as the women who take about an hour between getting in the car and driving off. Anyone who takes nore than twenty second to put their belt on, start the car and drive off....death penalty!
Joking apart, unless you are going to hang around for a while for the oil to return to the sump you won't get an accurate reading anyway.
Usually I'd check the oil randomly if I had pulled in to grab a snack or fill the washer bottle in an emergency, so not at the pumps, and check when I have come back out of the shop to get a half accurate reading. Blocking the pumps is pure evil

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,913 Posts
You forgot to mention the women (sorry but it IS always a woman) who pulls up at a pump, goes in to do the shopping but does not buy petrol!! Why is anyone so thick allowed the keys of a car!! :mad:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I worked with somebody who used to calculate his fuel consumption on returning to his car after paying for the fuel, using the keyboard on his watch.
Life and soul of the party that one.

·
Registered
39,159 Posts
You forgot to mention the women (sorry but it IS always a woman) who pulls up at a pump, goes in to do the shopping but does not buy petrol!! Why is anyone so thick allowed the keys of a car!! :mad:
Not always a woman, I saw a bloke doing it the other day.

To top it all the car parked at the pump was a Tesla

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
695 Posts

But have you seen a Tesla owner parked up at a pump, panicking that they can't find the charge lead? On the petrol pump?

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,913 Posts

😲

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
But have you seen a Tesla owner parked up at a pump, panicking that they can't find the charge lead? On the petrol pump?
😲:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
16,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I was at a petrol station on Oldham Rd in Failsworth. The driver of a small coach was going spare because he couldn't get near a pump because another vehicle was apparently abandoned near the diesel pump. As it happened, the driver of said vehicle was sat inside having his breakfast at Subway.

Reactions: Scudetto

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

They all have a standard camera system (Teslacam).
Did Elon Musk expect buyers of his cars to do selfish things and make others irate?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts