Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is not a stupid question but ive noticed that after rainfall my car is wet for days whilst other cards have dried out? Im baffled by why this is ? I bought the car a few weeks ago, not sure if it was waxed or not.

Anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Aye! You want tight beads like little peas on the surface.. the smaller the little drops the better.

Big, flat drops means that the surface is not repelling the water.. and sheeting (no drops at all.. just a wet surface...) means your beast hasn't seen any wax for about a year.

If you park your car in the garage then that won't dry out as quickly as if it's left outside..

Also if your car is silver and those around are black .. will give them an advantage..

And if yours is in parked in the shade and the others aren't.. will also keep yours wet longer.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If the panels have film of water on them after the rain then it's either not waxed or it is waxed but dirty. The water sticks to the dirt or on an unwaxed car it is absorbed by the paint, it eventually goes through the paint and corrodes the metal.

Wash it and wax it, you will have a waterproof car. Done.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can look around a car park when its damp be smug if yours is the one with beaded water droplets - look down on those whose cars are just wet :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts