Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after lots and lots of trailing through websites and reading reviews/forums. i decided to bite the bullet and splash out on swissvax products. Firstly i would like to say i would reccomend them highly,service is top notch and delivery was very prompt.

I bought :

entry kit without wax
scuderia wax
crystal glass cleaner
waschpudel
paint rubber
quick finish

Started today by washing the car two bucket method with the car bath and waschpudel (not alot of sudds with the car bath but very slidey and bring the car to a loverly shine).I then chamois'd it, with a leather chamois.

As my car is new i never bothered to clay bar (paint rubber) it this time, next goes on the cleaner fluid (very hard to remover but very good) now a buff up with both microfibre and one of the towels supplied.

My favorite bit, wax time, first thing you notice is how nice it smells so do all the products mind you. put it on with the applicator provided went on really easy,no build up on edges and no marking of plastics. I did the whole car before removing. i took it off with the red towel provided,didnt leave it as i expected and tbh was a bit dissapointed. Never mind i carried on as insturctions say i went over with a new microfiber. my god is it shiny,really really impressed.

I will get pics up 2moro, but u will have to belive me this swissvax stuff is the buisness would highly recomend it.

James

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Very brave to do this with new gear in this heat. No idea how these products react to high temps. Did you do it in the shade?

Even new cars may need a good claying to remove any particles that have stuck to the paint while sitting around in the yards.

Was the paint like glass just after you washed it? If not, needs claying.

You would do well to bin your chamois, leather or not.

Get on to eBay and buy yourself a DoDo Juice Soft Touch Premium Drying Towel. Drys better and won't mark your paintwork.

PIIIIIIIICS :)

S

·
0 Posts
Hey James, sounds good with what your doing fella :thumbs:

But I have to recommend that you clay your car, I clayed my dads brand new 147 when he got it and I was shocked how bad it was :eek::eek:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Hey James, sounds good with what your doing fella :thumbs:

But I have to recommend that you clay your car, I clayed my dads brand new 147 when he got it and I was shocked how bad it was :eek::eek:
When I got my 147 delivered it came with Alfa Romeo Tree sap finish.....so I am not surprised you were shocked by by your dad's new 147. The new Volvo C30 2.4i 'unfortunately' came with perfectly detailed paint.

To be honest the quality of paint on Alfa Romeos over the last 30 years has been about as good as I could do with a home paint kit....
You only have to go into the typical dealer and see the specially prepaired swirll mark filled paint on the typical Alfa Romeo to understand what I am talking about...
My local dealer's detailer even used 'polish' with mark hiding fillers to help hide paint marks.
Premium in Italian seems to mean 'crap'

Too be honest I think I am at that point in lif where I am getting over the flashy bodywork over a worn out Street Prostitute build.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Swisvax used to be the most expensive products you could get and theyve made them more affordable now for us normal people that dont have Ferraris and Rolls Royces etc. I think there waxes are still the most expensive at $1000 or 500 pounds.

If you go to Autopia.com there products are rated fairly well. But then so are alot of other products. Nevertheless its nice to use the brand thats renown to be the Best :)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i must have been one of the lucky ones with my paint as it was likle glass from day one.

the cleaner fluid doesnt like heat so i started doing the car at 7 last night and finished around 10-1030. the wax works better if its sunny gives a deeper shine to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts