Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
White van man rear shunted me on the M5 today & pushed me into ther car in front so have a dented / cracked front & back bumpers,boot is dented & bonnet is deformed. Will the insurance company now write off my gorgeous 147 as it will be to expensive to repair?:cry:

·
Registered
297 Posts
aaargh....soz to hear about your crash...depends on how old your car is an whether insurance say it's feasible to repair....fickle animals insurance underwriters....good luck anyways :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it an 02 plate,was on my way home from holidaying in Inverness,travelled 1500miles in a week, 1 hour from home & this happens!!!

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
One insurer a few years ago was saying 'do you mind us using used parts to mend your car'?

If written off due to cost you could get 'value' of car and buy it from them for peanuts and mend it yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not keen on buyin it back from them & fixin it myself as it maybe a pain trying to sell the car when that time came around. I wouldnt mind them using used parts as log as the paint job was a good finish who would know. But as the boot does not shut properly i fear the structure of the car may of been bent out of place, will find out next week anyway what the damage is & if they will repair it or not, will keep u all informed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to let you know the garage phoned me up today & my Bella will be getting repaired Monday & not written off,they say the repair will take about 7 days.Wonder what my courtesy car will be from my insurance company.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Just to let you know the garage phoned me up today & my Bella will be getting repaired Monday & not written off,they say the repair will take about 7 days.Wonder what my courtesy car will be from my insurance company.
Great news ... I'd put money on them not giving you a Brera ... my "like for like" replacement was a 7 seater Citron C4 :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Will let you know my like4like Monday then. Citreon C4,LOL!!:lol:
I tried to kick up a fuss about it ... but apparently that was the only car Hertz had :confused: ... and mine was only in for a few days :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was informed by my insurance company that I will be getting the car from Enterprise,so will be a Vectra,Astra or Fiesta,Mondeo.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Great news ... I'd put money on them not giving you a Brera ... my "like for like" replacement was a 7 seater Citron C4 :(
Thats quite funny... I had a citreon C4 picasso as my courtesy car.. best thing about it was that it was economical... You can imagine the stick I got from me mates for driving that :cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Thats quite funny... I had a citreon C4 picasso as my courtesy car.. best thing about it was that it was economical... You can imagine the stick I got from me mates for driving that :cry:
Rightly so! I get the pee took out of me for using my punto to go to work and leaving the GTA at home. "whats wrong where's your car has it broke down, ran out of petrol" etc......-4-

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My courtesy car by the way is a red 1.2 12 valve seat ibiza, & will be driving it for another week as yet as my 147 wont be ready till next Friday!

·
Registered
542 Posts
My courtesy car by the way is a red 1.2 12 valve seat ibiza, & will be driving it for another week as yet as my 147 wont be ready till next Friday!
Know how it feels, had my Corsa nearly written off(not your average crappy one, highly modified and tastefully done, no bodykit!)Nice for a Corsa:cheese: Had a Polo 1.2 12v as a courtesy car, I couldnt keep up with my dads 1.7 diesel(non turbo) Astra mk2 van up hill on the way to work! If you were like me you cant wait to get your alfa back! Make sure you check your car over thoroughly, mine came back with parts missing(part of the slam panel), alsorts!:tut:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Had my 2001 147 crashed in june. The repairs cost R40 000 (4000 pouds) I was almost sure it would be a right off. Got the car back 7 weeks later with a used bonnet instead of the new one that the panelbeater quoted,used headlights that were cleaned to pass of as new. The fenders were repaired instead of the new ones qouted once again, my original alfa dampers replaces with inferior ones with them hoping I wouldnt notice.... and the list goes on. Sent the car back whick ofcourse took onother 7 weeks with the excuse ''THEY COULDNT SOURCE ALFA PARTS THATS WHY THEY REAIRED'' But they sure didnt lower my excess with the used parts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
When my GT 3.2 V6 was being repaired after a minor crash I got a S Type Jag. Talk about an old man's car!! Apparently it's to do with engine size as well:lol:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
When my GT 3.2 V6 was being repaired after a minor crash I got a S Type Jag. Talk about an old man's car!! Apparently it's to do with engine size as well:lol:
Could be the only tractor engined car they had:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Just wondering how hard this shunt was, but to crumple the bonnet and boot that chassis member will have been buckled somewhere and normally right at the fron where it's connected to the cross member, personally I think I'd have hoped she was written off (not that I had that option with a S70 sat on the passengers seat of the 159ti), panels never go back on straight after a smack.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'd be careful mate it took them 2 1/2 month to fix mine :-(, that was just a front bumper, bonnet, both wings & panel behind bumper.

Parts took and age to get there.!!

So i was running around a 1.2 for that time, they also painted it crap so i rejected it and had it re done.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
check your interior panels when they re it them, they might scuff stuff.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts