Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Which GT? is your favourite?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
77,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
inspired by an Arsebook linky I get, I wondered if we would like a series of car choices. I'd be very happy to take suggestions in the Cool Wall thread a la "car choices........", and I'll see if this has legs. Would it be better if it was a 2-car choice, or a 3-car "Giant test" like Car magazine used to run (only with random internet idiots voting rather than the likes of John Simister and Gavin Green actually driving them?

Anyway, here's the first: GTO, GTA or GTR? Get voting. Love to understand your thinking too.

Attachments

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
With the given choices, will this not just split voters on a generational basis?

over 60s : GTA
over 40s: GTO
children: GT-R

:confused:

·
Registered
37,862 Posts
With the given choices, will this not just split voters on a generational basis?

Hmmm, you got me wrong and insulted Jim in one post. God work! :thumbs: :lol:

Despite my actual age I'm really 15 and do wear a baseball-style hat, so the GT-R for me all day long.

·
Registered
15,837 Posts
Much as I like the GTA, the GTO is more my cup of tea. Whilst I'm impressed by the GT-R and what it can do, it doesn't excite me.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
They do say I'm mysterious .... :)
No they say you're strange. Not the same thing.

Mind you, I don't mind a good, well-directed insult. :lol:

I'm not "over 60" :tut: (for...quite a long time) but I'll play to your stereotypes and go GTR. No, GTA. Where are my glasses?

Reactions: Paddy OPlastic

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
And Kb is having enough trouble parking his old gent Jag on his drive. No point having the GTO.

Reactions: steveisfrowning

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Original GTA is on my list of definite lottery cars...

Never liked the GTR or the GTO really, there are other yank tanks of the era that I'd rather have

·
Registered
15,837 Posts
And Kb is having enough trouble parking his old gent Jag on his drive. No point having the GTO.
The GTO is a measly 3" wider than the S. A bit of a diet might even allow me to get in and out.

·
Administrator
46,729 Posts

Well I'm under 40, and I suspect I'd have the GTA. I might sneak the GTO. I certainly wouldn't have the GTR given that choice..

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,526 Posts
GTO every day of the year. But only in Ferrari 288 flavour

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
For looks, worth and flashy posing at classic events, the GTA. For hooning around in (the parts must surely be cheaper than a GTA if you wrecked it!), the GTR.

Sorry GTO, I prefer the Charger...

And for another poll to really confuse people, how about spider vs spider vs spider vs spider? (You could even throw in the eight legged type as a fifth option ;))

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
inspired by an Arsebook linky I get, I wondered if we would like a series of car choices. I'd be very happy to take suggestions in the Cool Wall thread a la "car choices........", and I'll see if this has legs. Would it be better if it was a 2-car choice, or a 3-car "Giant test" like Car magazine used to run (only with random internet idiots voting rather than the likes of John Simister and Gavin Green actually driving them?

Anyway, here's the first: GTO, GTA or GTR? Get voting. Love to understand your thinking too.
****, How am I supposed to choose? :(

I'll do it like this.

If I had to have only one car then it would be the Nissan no problem. In fact I'm beginning to think my world car, currently a 911, to be replaced with the Neesan.

However if it is for fun I'm stumped. It won't be the GT-R, because folk I know whom have had them whilst agreeing they are faultless and make even bad drivers look like driving God's they can apparently become a bit tedious, so it's not the Japanese motor.

So is it the lovely Alfa or smooth aggressive stacked headlight GTO? I honestly can't decide. I think the Alfa perhaps just edges it because I love the look of that car (and it's Italian) just slightly more than the GTO.. I think.
**** I don't know, so I'm going to go with the boring Neeeesannn :lol:

No I'm not. In the this instance I'm having the Alfa and the Yank. So there :punch::vs_smirk:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts