Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick shout-out to Blendini Motorsport (CarChaseHeroes) who organised a very enjoyable driving experience at the Three Sisters racetrack on Saturday, where family gave me a chance to drive some very nice cars. It's worth going through the BuyAGift website as you can get better deals than going direct and the little add-ons can be annoying, but, I couldn't fault them on the day.

Nissan GTR Nismo
Ford Mustang GT500
DB5
Huracan
McLaren 540
Ford GT40

I particularly enjoyed folding myself into the GT40 (despite being a very modest height) and being boll**ked by the chap instructing me in the Huracan for not driving it properly. It did try to actively kill me on occasion. :)

2G1A5290.JPG IMG_9627.JPG IMG_9630.JPG IMG_9634.JPG IMG_9635.JPG 2G1A6033.JPG 2G1A6578.JPG 2G1A7199.JPG 2G1A7625.JPG 2G1A7965.JPG

·
Registered
14,346 Posts
The GT40 is a replica?

·
Registered
14,346 Posts
Out of interest, how many laps did you get?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GT40 is a replica?
Good question. I'm not sure, all I can say is that it smelt and felt reassuringly old 😀. They only made about 100 if memory serves. Proper car though, "don't stall it, or we'll have to get out, push and bump it" :ROFLMAO:, the gear linkage was floppy as you like, the steering heavy and the smell of oil nostalgic. Brilliant.

Out of interest, how many laps did you get?
6 laps in each car. You can buy more laps in the car at a reduced rate if you get very in to it...

I read this as 'cat chase heroes' - settled back for a thrilling excursion.....
People chasing cats... sounds hilarious. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts