Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some f#####g idiot has keyed the rear flank of my GTV apart from a respray anyone used a good product that can mask the damage pretty well until then ?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nope sorry mate but I have had the same problem twice now so I sympathise with you. We're not millionaires, we just have good taste in cars and I wish the little chav c#*+s! that do this would f#>k off and get hit by a bus whilst pi?/£d, and die!!
I think the only solution is cctv hidden in a bush or somethin, outside ya house and maybe a bunch of marine's, armed and dangerous. That ought to do it! whadya reckon?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Feel for you, some stupid facker put a scratch on my 166 front wing, think it was a handbag or something.
Not malicious like keying but still bloody annoying :mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nothing but sympathies from me mate. It annoys me when 'so called' people think nothing of damaging other peoples property. Its pure jealosy and it F$%^s me right off.:mad:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys probaly gonna get damage sprayed sooner rather than later f####s me off every time i look at it !

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
feel for you mate, some little **** keyed the roof of my 156 the day after i got it, wish they would all take a long walk off a short pier when the tide is out:rant: :mad:

·
Registered
137 Posts
well defo not the same person, but my bonnet was deeply keyed yesterday afternoon in glasgow city centre, from the window down thru the front grille....absolutely well pissed off

G

·
sorry to hear about the vandals guys....but....have you tried G2?i think its called that.Its pretty hard core stuff.got a load of deep scratches out of my brothers car.You have to keep it wet and it needs to be done with a buffer.if you let it go dry it strips the paint! but if you get it right(not hard to do) it comes up like a new showroom finish! really is worth a try!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
sorry to hear about the vandals guys....but....have you tried G2?i think its called that.Its pretty hard core stuff.got a load of deep scratches out of my brothers car.You have to keep it wet and it needs to be done with a buffer.if you let it go dry it strips the paint! but if you get it right(not hard to do) it comes up like a new showroom finish! really is worth a try!
JML GS27?

i was gona try this, jml stuff is usually pretty good:D

·
Registered
693 Posts
Some f#####g idiot has keyed the rear flank of my GTV apart from a respray anyone used a good product that can mask the damage pretty well until then ?
I would be interested to know how much it ends up costing you as my car has been keyed from the driver's door lock, all the way to the end and then along the boot. I like to think that karma has dealt this person what they deserve for that act of random evil against a defenceless Alfa.

In the meantime, I have lived with it like that, but am planning on having it resprayed at some point this year, funds permitting.

G

·
JML GS27?

i was gona try this, jml stuff is usually pretty good:D
really not sure mate! it was my dads friend that brought it round in a old tub! he just said it was G2 and it wasnt available from normal shops! Bloody good stuff though and i would always reccommend it before a respray.It is basicly a super strength t-cut i think....it seemed to lift all the dead paint and store it in the cracks and scratches...

·
Registered
586 Posts
A cheaper option would be Colour Magic (Halfrauds have it). Its a coloured polish that will blend in the scratch to the colour of your car, you just have to pick the same colour as your car....... worked for one of my other cars until respray comes around. Plus, for deeper scratches it comes with a 'chipstick' which 'fills in' the scratch with the same colour.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hope I'm not teaching any grandmothers to suck eggs, but if you have metallic paintwork don't use any T-Cut type polishes.

Metallic paint has a protective lacquer finish. A cutting compound will strip the lacquer from the area you're working on leaving it looking even worse than before. Plus, once the unprotected metallic paint is exposed to the atmosphere the finish will change over time too.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts