Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier my daughter accompanied me on an outing to a breakers yard for Volvo bits. As we waited for them to remove my bits (with a 9" petrol grinder :eek:), we had a poke around and stumbled across a laguna with very nice leather seats.

From there, she asked whether we could make an office chair using a car seat (ideally a leather 156 one). I've never done it but how hard could it be?

I reckon the wheels from an office chair could be married to the seat runners using something like 1" box section steel.

Has anyone done something similar and if so, how?

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Earlier my daughter accompanied me on an outing to a breakers yard for Volvo bits. As we waited for them to remove my bits (with a 9" petrol grinder :eek:), we had a poke around and stumbled across a laguna with very nice leather seats.

From there, she asked whether we could make an office chair using a car seat (ideally a leather 156 one). I've never done it but how hard could it be?

I reckon the wheels from an office chair could be married to the seat runners using something like 1" box section steel.

I think Wayne dear has done it I'm sure I gave him a five point base off an office chair :)

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think Wayne dear has done it I'm sure I gave him a five point base off an office chair :)
That rings a bell now that I think about it. I shall await his words of wisdom.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts

Yep! I had a surplus 33 passenger seat when I fitted a new leather interior to the SW. Had the lower part of an office chair and used 1/2" mdf base to the seat. Now in my home office for when I'm at the computer.

Edited by Bazza. Why?

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Was she aware of this in advance? Or was she all dressed up for the Zoo and subsequently sporting a somewhat disappointed look....
She has wanted to go for years but they became really fussy about letting kids in.

As a few AONW members may recall, my daughter has accompanied me on a fair few automotive adventures over the years. When she was eight, she had a poster of a Dodge Charger Daytona on her bedroom door. She's 16 now and mostly quite embarrassed to be seen with me but if I told her we were going on a train somewhere tomorrow to pick up a car I'd bought on ebay, she'd be there like a shot.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stage 1 complete, we have bought an office chair on ebay for 99p. Admitedly I'm in Bolton and it's in Newton Abbott but there are no problems, only challenges.

·
Registered
14,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Related to this, does anyone have a 156 seat out of the car that they could take a picture or two of the frame on the bottom of for me?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts