Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a pair, either used or new to convert a 16v boxer engine to carbs.

Seems like motorman on ebay is out of business :confused:

Anyone know where I could source a pair ?

·
Registered
503 Posts
spoke to him a month or so ago hes still trading said he had some left if i e-mailed him hed put some on e-bay ill hunt his e-mail out and pm it to you once the holidays finish hope this helps!!

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot mate.

I bought another set from him. To be honest I havent tried them out yet although I did have some problems with fitting them - had to make custom adaptors to make them sit higher.

Other options sound very expensive, so I'll just try and work with those instead.

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly ? I cant remember ! :eek:
... I'm starting to get to an age where remembering is difficult for me.... :rolleyes:

I do remember that they were affordable though - somewhere in the range of 100 Euro maybe ?

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah yeah, laugh all you want :p

These are pregnancy symptoms ! Typing mistakes and talking rubbish ! :lol:

Got these from Gozzoli - where we got the group buy for the cam pulleys.

Gozzoli Autotranformazioni - Tuning Car

These are for the injection to carb modification, arent they ? Cant be sure as they only have a picture of them on one side

·
Registered
503 Posts
re adaptors

yeah yeah, laugh all you want :p

These are pregnancy symptoms ! Typing mistakes and talking rubbish ! :lol:

Got these from Gozzoli - where we got the group buy for the cam pulleys.

Gozzoli Autotranformazioni - Tuning Car

These are for the injection to carb modification, arent they ? Cant be sure as they only have a picture of them on one side
hi mate found motormans e-mail have pm to you!!!:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
We've got the Motorman manifolds on our new race engine. Others on here have commented on the porosity of the castings...........our's are appalling!

We are getting close to start up and added water last night - the manifolds leak like a sieve - really poor. None of the studs or drillings were straight either - so best to look elsewhere if you are in the market for going onto carbs!

·
Registered
870 Posts
i would second that sputnik, mine were total crap

i had to re thread and re align every tapped hole, had to flatted the castings under the nut heads, so the nuts had a flat surface to come down onto, luckily mine only leak a bit, you get a puddle of coolant over a few weeks, i did laquer mine so maybe that had a tiny effect.

at some point they will have to come off and go off for treatment., there are a few places that fix porous castings with a ceramic treatment.

the thing that bugs me most is i wrote to motorman to tell him about all this and not a word back from him, not good.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The manifolds on my motor were fabricated by the previous owner, who is a proper engineer, using the bottom half of the 16v throttle bodies. The welding is exquisite.
Would anyone like me to contact him to see if he will knock up another set?
I've got at least two spare sets of 16v throttle bodies (that's 4 in total) if needed.
Thanks,
Adam

K

·
0 Posts
The manifolds on my motor were fabricated by the previous owner, who is a proper engineer, using the bottom half of the 16v throttle bodies. The welding is exquisite.
Would anyone like me to contact him to see if he will knock up another set?
I've got at least two spare sets of 16v throttle bodies (that's 4 in total) if needed.
Thanks,
Adam
was just wondering if that could be done...

V

·
0 Posts
Hi Chaps,
I will be needing to do the same so interested in this thread, it should be fairly easy to TIG weld the two flanges together then re-machine them up afterwards unless we could get an order together on a group buy etc.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts