Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
What was the point of that?

If he is 'indestructible' it's hardly 'will he die' dramatic, is it?
Don't diss da man!

As a 9 yr-old boy watching Captain Scarlet, every week ever more cunning and violent ways of crushing, burning, vaporising, obliterating him were presented in gory detail. There would always be a frisson of excitement, thinking 'how the ***** will he get out of that one'.

As if that weren't enough for a young boy, there was gorgeous totty too...the Angels! And in the days before PC, they weren't afraid to put duct tape over their mouths to stop them talking too much! :lol:

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
I've been educated in the ways of Captain Scarlet quite recently. Apparently it was the 'best series ever made', but I'm not really sure myself..........

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
No it wasn't :tut:

Stingray was the best series ever but I can't post tube linkies from work :cry:

:eek: ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN THE NEXT HALF HOUR :eek:

V

·
0 Posts
For me, it has to be Thunderbirds. Capt Scarlet and Stingray running close seconds.

I can actually remember watching Supercar, but I would never admit to being that old of course...

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Dum - DumDum - Dum - Dum - Stingray!

Allow me, HM...

Stingray TV intro (1964) - YouTube
Cheers Max, but I can't watch 'em either the tube is banned here :lol:

For me, it has to be Thunderbirds. Capt Scarlet and Stingray running close seconds.

I can actually remember watching Supercar, but I would never admit to being that old of course...
I remember Fireball XL5 but not the first time round :D

I wish I was a spaceman
The fastest guy alive
I'd fly you 'round the universe
In Fireball XL5
Way out in space together
Conquerors of the sky
My heart would be a fireball, a fireball
Every time I gazed into your starry eyes

Zoonie the lazoon :cheese:

G

·
0 Posts
What was the point of that?

If he is 'indestructible' it's hardly 'will he die' dramatic, is it?
Agree, I never really got that as a kid. Found the whole thing rather confusing. I guess the Dr Who gang must have been fans as Captain Jack is a modern (and rather camper) version....

Thunderbirds wins hands down for me, with Fireball XL5 and Stingray tied for second. How about this for an all-girl puppet supergroup - Aqua Marina and the Angels!

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I always wondered why the interior shot of Stingray always looked like there was a tiled bathroom wall outside the window, whatever they were doing. Maybe it wasn't there but I do remember thinking it as a kid.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Agree, I never really got that as a kid. Found the whole thing rather confusing. I guess the Dr Who gang must have been fans as Captain Jack is a modern (and rather camper) version....

Thunderbirds wins hands down for me, with Fireball XL5 and Stingray tied for second. How about this for an all-girl puppet supergroup - Aqua Marina and the Angels!

Cheers,

Nigel
But i thought Aqua Marina could'nt speak ?

Agree with the Angels though top puppet tottie :thumbs:

Captain Scarlet was by far the coolest of the Jerry Anderson shows, Thunderbirds were to goody too shoes, and Stingray just fought off fish :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Doesn't matter, all the girl groups just mime anyway :lol:
You got there ahead of me. Although I have to admit I hadn't really thought it through........ It was just the image that immediately sprang to mind and I got a bit carried away....:lol:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
:cool: Before my time.

He may be indestructible, but I bet it would hurt if he was put in a shredder :confused:

·
Registered
37,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As if that weren't enough for a young boy, there was gorgeous totty too...the Angels! And in the days before PC, they weren't afraid to put duct tape over their mouths to stop them talking too much! :lol:
I have to say, that first picture is slightly disturbing in an "I vaguely remember having dreams about that" sort of way :eek:

:lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts