Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.
been a bit ill lately and haven't been on the forum.
my daughter wanted to book a service with gary green motors yesterday and was told "we are no longer in the motor trade".
any info anyone?
thanks

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Yes, apparently they have closed down. Try Sandown Motors Century City or of course Giorgio out at Panorama. William Simpson in Tokai is also selling Alfas again but I have no idea about their servicing. I would go with the independents.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Yes Wlliam Simpson is also servicing as well. Their guys were trained on the older models but are scheduled for training on the newer models soon. I heard Gary was in talks to take over the Sandown Motors Alfa and Chrysler Jeep division with Merc going alone. I think that will be brilliant but the franchise cost is reportedly around R26M excluding stock on hand! :wow:

·
Registered
454 Posts
sandown in claremont is now owned by Imperial

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
R26mil, if we each give R500000, then we need 52 of us in order to own an Alfa dealership. Who is in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, apparently they have closed down. Try Sandown Motors Century City or of course Giorgio out at Panorama. William Simpson in Tokai is also selling Alfas again but I have no idea about their servicing. I would go with the independents.

Does anyone know where Jan Van Tonder (service manager at Gary Green) might have gone?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts