Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi,

I've only had my nearly 3 year old 147 Selespeed for a few months and I'm still getting used to it after driving various 3 series BMWs since that model first came on the market. However, I find the instruction manual a complete nightmare.

For example, a few weeks ago on the way back from Oxford, I turned on the TA button and was thrilled to suddenly get traffic flashes as we do in my husband's Saab. However, this has not worked since, the manual doesn't make sense and I've tried everything. Can anyone out there please give this dodo simple instructions?

Similarly, the main trip meter was set long before I bought the car and I want to zero this so I can judge what mileage I'm getting. I can cope with the "trip B" function but cannot find out how to reset the main one. Alfaman in Rayner's Lane, who are looking after the car for me and are lovely people, didn't seem to know this either and just set the milometer to zero when I asked them how to do it.

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO... :) I'm a fairly new owner myself.... but i'm sure someone soon will be able to help... :)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hello and welcome:D

To reset the trip though, the button on the end of the stalk you use to scroll through the trip, oil and range. Get it on the miliage one and hold the button for about 5 seconds and will reset. Does that make sence? Does in my head so probally not:D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Well, M'Dears, of little consolation I know, but it took a determined amount of concentration, and mounds of time, spent on my part, trying to fathom the depths of the 147's instruction handbook understandably!

Did I succeed? Well after four years of ownership, hours spent in the drivers seat, pressing this and that, flicking switches, and so on....., there were still a few that bamboozled this old head!!!!

Eventually decided that when I wanted to try a particular function, the best way was to copy the instructions in larger print, and return to the cockpit yet again!!

Unable to help, as Bella has gone, with the handbook, to a very nice young lady, who phoned the following day after collecting her to say, this and that was difficult to understand, and operate.

She had a good partner, and some Alfa interested brothers, who worked things out for her, least ways she has not phoned me since, and that was about six weeks past now! Good Luck,:):

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
ZF what you doing looking at instruction books? We are men and have no need for those things! :tut:

I still dont fully understand climate control:eek:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Welcome to AO and I hope the 147 section can help

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Isn't the main mileage rest the little button to the right of your right knee on the Selespeed? the one in the middle of the three vertical ones - sorry I can remember what it says on it off the top of my head :rolleyes: something like Mi I think. Press it and hold it for a few seconds :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts