Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to drop the subframe to change the anti roll bar bushings but it will not go down it seem like it is getting cot on the rare middle of the subframe, I noticed that their was 2 brackets that hold the exhaust sheild in place at the back and they cant come off did anyone else to this job on alfa 156 1.6ts 2003,and how?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
i did clutch on sportwagon i used to have...the subframe goes way back under the car......nearly to the rear....under the heat sheild.......then the steering rack bolts held it in place so had to come out too! did them one at a time then put em back in a couple of turns
Gary

oooh just thought are there some big bolts near front suspension that go up and are recessed deep? it was a while ago and it was the ones that where towards the rear that i didnt see and held us up........sorry its vague cos it was a while ago

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea I loosen the bolt in the tunnel and it started coming down,and after a bit of struggle got the anti roll bar out, what a pig of a job just to change anti roll bar bushing!!!!
Thanks for the advice lads

1 - 4 of 4 Posts