Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i recently bought a 156 2.0 TS from 1999 and tried to scan the ecu but i couldn't connect to it.
I tried with both a konwei kw 850 and a cheap chinese adapter like the one in this pic:

The kw850 seemed to be trying to connect under one of its protocol for longer than the others (as if that was the adequate one).
The chinese adapter, wich i tried with Multiecuscan, Scanmaster and Pcmscan, turned the green light on for a second when plugged in and then turned off and when i started connecting the lights would turn up again until the program said couldnt connect to ecu check ... ... ...
If anyone could help me that would be awesome :)

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Just remember to go into device manager (type it in bottom bar or control panel, hardware and sound then device manager).
Then go to Ports (COM & LPT) and select COM1.
It won't work without correctly configuring.
Also, reduce latency timer to 1 in the USB menu from device manager.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
There are cross over adapter cables for KKL (green, yellow and red) which are used for different systems (ABS, airbag, climate control).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I've been having the same issues, can't connect to ecu. I've been using a cheap lead from ebay. Where did you get your lead from, what exactly do I need. I'm also a bit computer illiterate / challenged, so a step by step for setting it up would be great. At the moment, the old oil burner is just sitting there telling me to go to dealer. The last time it did that it was only bad connections on one of the relays. Thanks, Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts