Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am proud owner of a 2002 Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS Selespeed Lusso 5dr Hatchback. This one is fully loaded. Everyone is going to laugh at my story and why I need your help.

It started when I accidently tuck my car key (no spares) in the dustbin, then remembered couple of days later when the dustbin has been emptied. We called the AA, which openned the door and set the alarm off. The AA man then disconnected the battery cables. To cut the long story short, it cost us £600 in the end from our Alfa dealer because the alarm system was replaced and two extra keys. After all that, I discovered that I need to enter a code for my car stereo, but I did not have one from the previous owner. So I took it back to my Alfa dealer and was told it was not registered, therefore, they do not have the code. The next step was to find the serial number at the back of the stereo, again, no luck. You can sense my frustration at this point. Having spend £600 for tucking my car key in the bin, then having no car stereo because I have no code and no serial number to get it decode.

Please help me find someone or company who can decode my car stereo without the serial number or barcode. :cry:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
what brand headunit? is it the original Blaupunkt?

if you are desparate, then have it sent off to blaupunkt to be checked. i presume they have a way to find the code through diagnostic equipment.

otherwise, you may want to buy a completely new headunit.

:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I thought the same dodgy shops that can unlock laptops and telephones (pretty dodgy joints cos often it's stolen gear they decode....but anyway...) can unlock your radio too? Try searching for it on google or yahoo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts