Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
On my missus freshly laundered sheets and pilowcases, ozone rich? You got a depraved sense of smell then mate? :confused: Mind you the bed linen soon loses that invigorating aroma after I've wrestled with the sheets. :D

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
and if so............where?
Yes, on the opposite side of the planet to where HM might be located :evil:

When I think fresh air, I think of the rockies. The air was cool, crisp like.

However- maybe you can't actually smell fresh air, but perhaps the lack of any odour :confused:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
... bit harsh on HM though ;)

A

·
0 Posts
The misses loves a bit of fresh air. When in bed I sometimes drop one and then cover her with the duvet. She loves it.

K

·
0 Posts
I broke my nose many moons ago and it destroyed my sense of smell. I can smell petrol and my son's socks and that's about it.

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Do people confuse 'smelling' fresh air with not 'smelling' modern odours such as exhaust fumes, factory smells, cooking smells etc when they are clear of towns and cities ?

A

·
0 Posts
Do people confuse 'smelling' fresh air with not 'smelling' modern odours such as exhaust fumes, factory smells, cooking smells etc when they are clear of towns and cities ?
'Fresh' air smells of the countryside, the sea and other natural smells. You have to accept that fresh air is unploluted air, be that by cars, factories or other industrial pollutants.
Having said that I wouldn't class the air surrounding the Volcanos on The Big Island as fresh but they are certainly natural. :)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Well boy's, and Gal's, I doubt many will remember who are younger than say 60'ish, but there was a fad for pumping ozone into cinemas back in the same decade as age mentioned, remember how the local Kino's advertised this fact? Fresh air free? :lol:

Can you not 'smell' that wonderful fizzyness up your nostrils after an electric storm? Fresh air full of Ozone? I inherited that hyper sensitive proboscis from my dear old Mater. ;) :D

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
That's correct I believe but maybe it depends on the amount? No worries there though as the hole in the layer is still expanding is it not?

My Ionizer makes our bedroom smell quite fresh, and I love it's twinkling effect too. :):

P

·
0 Posts
I like the smell of indoor karting. Off topic, but I had to tell someone.
Oh kuck it.!!! This could go in the Tech area I guess, but this post above has shown that my 'f's are showing up as 'k's on my monitor. :mad:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I can smell " Sea Air " every time I open the front window, especially this Morning,as its blowing a Gale down here......:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts