Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:lol: I was considering how you would power the thing ... you could fit it in my dropping you 147 off at your local van hire company and borrow one of there astra vans for the afternoon!!!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
doubt it to be honest - my mate got a 42" samsung and he couldn't fit it in his motor - it wouldn't go near it with all the packaging, so he got it delivered

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'd rather have real the view out of my windscreen than have an LCD screen linked to cameras....:lol:

G

·
Yes is the answer. I fitted my Samsung one in and it was the very day I bought my original 147. That was a very 'happy shopper' day

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
take some blankets just incase, remove outer packaging and wrap TV up in the back minus the big box. Empty crisp packets, rubbish etc into TV box. Depost box with rubbish on your nearest Dixons doorstep. Drive home and enjoy TV.

G

·
A 42" Panasonic Viera went across the back seat of my 156 (same width as a 147?) after I took it out of the box - with some blankets for protection, as Corbo has suggested.

It also depends on the design of the cabinet of the TV of course, the Viera for example, only has slim speaker panels either side of the screen.

·
Registered
377 Posts
When I bought a 50" Samsung it was wheeled outside to the car (156), I was optimistic until I saw the guy parked next to me couldn't get the same TV into a Vectra estate ... had to go hire a van :(

A 40" Sony went over the back seats in all its packaging though :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
as Corbo said -take some blankets to make sure the tele lies flat and doesn't jump about. I managed to get a 32" samsung with matching DVD surround sound jobbie and a stand in the boot. had to leave the missus behing though - i though it was a good swap tbh....!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
So.....did CarlT get his telly home?? The suspense is killing me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:cheese: yeh cheers all it went in.

Didn't want to turn up at the shop and look an idiot trying to cram it in, but hacked the box up and put the TV in on its own and it went it.

Looks like the sodding thing will be going back in the car though if it doesn't stop randomly swapping inputs!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
:cheese: yeh cheers all it went in.

Didn't want to turn up at the shop and look an idiot trying to cram it in, but hacked the box up and put the TV in on its own and it went it.

Looks like the sodding thing will be going back in the car though if it doesn't stop randomly swapping inputs!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
...lets hope you don't need the box for a refund! :cheese:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts