Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Front RHS suspension has started creaking when making slow left hand turns. Only does it after the car's warmed up. Maybe it does it at higher speed but I can't hear it. I'm guessing a worn upper wishbone bush? The LHS was replaced recently so I guess the other one is probably on its way too. Or maybe ARB bush?

Here's a video, you can hear it better if you wear headphones and turn it up loud.

Alfa GT suspension creak - YouTube

Cheers for any help! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Not really knocky enough i recon for that Dave. Arb bushes or droplinks would be my first guess. We just need someone to pop in and say upper arms now and we'll have all the usual suspects as found in many other threads :lol:

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Not really knocky enough i recon for that Dave. Arb bushes or droplinks would be my first guess
its when its loading up that side was my inclination:) took his time to do video instead of getting it up in the air ......hold on a min I just sprinkle some internet dust on it :cheese:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yeah but if the bushes are gone and the arb can slide it does sound a bit like the droplink is rattling on the shock body which I've seen em do and would account for the change in direction.

Oh go on then I'll say it. Upper arms? :confused: :lol:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Tie Rod Axle joint, upper or lower wishbone balljoint, ARB droplinks, or worst case some driveshaft, bearing ...

Not easy to diagnose for sure, so many possibilities ...

ARB bushes are not for sure, because they squeak (had the same problem).

Another possibility is ARB to move more then usual to one side and kick the droplinks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll run it down to my local indie soon, see what he reckons.

took his time to do video instead of getting it up in the air ......hold on a min I just sprinkle some internet dust on it :cheese:
Alright mate you made your point, thought a vid would be a bit more helpful than just saying "it creaks". What should I be listening/feeling for when I do wobble the wheel around? I'm guessing if something is worn there'll be a bit of movement?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Haha, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll run it down to my local indie soon, see what he reckons.

Alright mate you made your point, thought a vid would be a bit more helpful than just saying "it creaks". What should I be listening/feeling for when I do wobble the wheel around? I'm guessing if something is worn there'll be a bit of movement?
yes wheel up bar under wheel and move it .put your hand between shock base pan and tyre and feel any movement ,then rock top to bottom 12 till 6 9 to 3 ,move wheel on opposite lock and do same then again :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
See. We can be helpful :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts