Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
As far as I know it would be problem. My knowledge is based on Grande Punto where is installed similar body computer. After disconnecting halogen bulb and connecting instead high voltage converter, computer reports bulb failure on instrument cluster. Also orange warning lamp lights.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i would have thought you could order all the relevant parts and have them fitted, which would include the proper units with washers and aluto levelrs but at huge cost i would think, or you could go down the HID globe only option, but that would of course be illegal

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:confused: when you spec'd the car why didn't you get xenon's put on???

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Couldn't afford them,

Have come into money...can now afford them.
Glad to hear it fella ... but tbh it's going to be a real PITA to install aftermarket ... best bet might be to get some Osram Night Breaker bulbs (they're 90% brighter than standard ... apparently ) ...

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to hear it fella ... but tbh it's going to be a real PITA to install aftermarket ... best bet might be to get some Osram Night Breaker bulbs (they're 90% brighter than standard ... apparently ) ...
Cheers for that, I thought it would be damn difficult.

I will certainly take try your recommendation.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
170 Posts
just seen from your other thread that your car is still being built, it may be a daft question, but have you spoken to the dealer to see if you have amend our order to include the xenon units?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just seen from your other thread that your car is still being built, it may be a daft question, but have you spoken to the dealer to see if you have amend our order to include the xenon units?
I did, its too late, as its in the final stages apparently.

B

·
0 Posts
You can fit after market ones, but they will most likely be illegal for use on UK roads.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think the std lights on my Mito are a lot better than the xeons that i had on my CLK . In fact on dipped beam i keep them on a low setting as i get a lot of cars flashing me when they are on the normal setting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts