Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe it can be fixed by cutting out the rusted part and welding in a new one. If you had noticed it sooner, then there could be a chance to save it by grinding the rust down and repainting that part, but here it is already too late.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Cut out, weld in. V common site, my 156 needed some welding for mot couple of years ago. Rear aspect of sill.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yep cut out and weld in new sill piece, don't know if anyone does replacement ones, but fabricating a piece for there shouldn't be to much of a chore

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it can be fixed by cutting out the rusted part and welding in a new one. If you had noticed it sooner, then there could be a chance to save it by grinding the rust down and repainting that part, but here it is already too late.
Cut out, weld in. V common site, my 156 needed some welding for mot couple of years ago. Rear aspect of sill.
yep cut out and weld in new sill piece, don't know if anyone does replacement ones, but fabricating a piece for there shouldn't be to much of a chore
Great. Will do that when I get my first pay. Got a job so car should be getting the love it deserves. :) How long would the weld last, you reckon?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Great. Will do that when I get my first pay. Got a job so car should be getting the love it deserves. :) How long would the weld last, you reckon?
If you ensure it's back to healthy metal, zinc oxide paint then lots of waxoyl there's no reason it won't last forever. Just keep up with rust prevention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts