Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
In his feedback he has sold a lot of interiors, so I doubt his story of finding it while looking for one for his car.

Offer £40 and then it might be worth a try. But the door cards are well and truly sh***ed!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i was thinking the same, and have seen better but the price of that one was like £260!!

i have spoke with furnitureclinic guys today and they have quoted me £275 for them to restore this interior including the door cards which is not bad considering the end products look like lol

but the guy said if your looking for cheaper option is to it myself and by the package off them £105 for the kit but then id have to do the work lol

cheers guys :)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
consider as well whether or not the donor vehicle is same spec as yours, with special consideration to the windows. if the donor vehicle had all 4 leccy windows and you only have front elec (or visa-versa) you are going to have to switch the leather inserts from the donor cards to your door cards. not impossible but a little more work. does make life a little easier as you've no need to worry about the door cards from donor vehicle.

I would say that one would need far too much work, front seats would want a lot of work preferably recovering, rears are okay though.

keep your eye out for better, the red interior isnt as rare as you may think.

C

·
0 Posts
If the red inserts are ok you can just swap those over to your existing door cards which would save needing to get the other damage on the door cards repaired, but the drivers seat looks pretty much past it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all advice :)

what would you say is a good price for secondhand car interior ???

cheers

ste

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Around 150/200 including door cards, the older ones have the Alfa stitching, try and get the Momo which has a small stamp on the headrest.
BTW easy to fit.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Around 150/200 including door cards, the older ones have the Alfa stitching, try and get the Momo which has a small stamp on the headrest.
BTW easy to fit.

ive found one in london which is ok around £260 with delvery ive put in a request to see if there willing to take less like but we shall see lol i dont wont to spend too much as the car properly only worth about a £1000

and the guy from italia auto parts is gonna install for me for very good price i must say :) i wonder if he could radios ummm

thanks for your advice friend you are a star :) i waste more money on cars than anything lol

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
right before you start installing this and that ..when was last service done ie belt waterpump change ? ie proof of reciept not a stamp in book unless varified by garage

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right before you start installing this and that ..when was last service done ie belt waterpump change ? ie proof of reciept not a stamp in book unless varified by garage
dont be spoling my fun know i can dream cant i lol

erm i know the engine has been changed due to cam belt snapping and breaks are pretty good condition
its just had the following repair due to failed mot

all new tyres,
front supspention arm
rewiring for the lights from front to back on drivers side
parking break cleaned and caliber or something done to it

am just going by mercanic said and even he did say nice car but they always delvopled problems :p

can you tell me what needs doing or point me to a guide and i would be greatefull
as you are right no point having a nice looking car that doesnt work !!!!

thank you

stephen

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
dont be spoling my fun know i can dream cant i lol

erm i know the engine has been changed due to cam belt snapping and breaks are pretty good condition
its just had the following repair due to failed mot

all new tyres,
front supspention arm
rewiring for the lights from front to back on drivers side
parking break cleaned and caliber or something done to it

am just going by mercanic said and even he did say nice car but they always delvopled problems :p

can you tell me what needs doing or point me to a guide and i would be greatefull
as you are right no point having a nice looking car that doesnt work !!!!

thank you

stephen
well stephen ..i would check that "new engine " had cam belt replaced not just an engine swap

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well stephen ..i would check that "new engine " had cam belt replaced not just an engine swap
oh i got off my best mate and i was the when it cam belt went, a friend of his dad done the engine fixed for about £850 but should been over a grand to repair this was 2 and half years ago like

he drove it for about month and then got a company car so it has been sat in his drive for 2 years like lol

cheers

ste

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Just the belt needs changed, every 36k or three years, which ever comes first. Not sur why, but I am sure someone will answer.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ha my mate just told me he had only charged the belt once before and that way done
he kept meaning to charged but hadt and just worked out he last belt before it snapped was on for about 60k miles i said no wonder it snaped lol

but he reckon it wont need doing as he done less than 500miles in the car before it was parked up,

but i have just alfaworkshop and they say the same boooo more money wasted lol

thanks for the advice guys really great help :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts