Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must be a common complaint; you really do sit on and not "in" the car.

Also means when the hood is up it feels cramped with little headroom.

Can anything be done??

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
You could take the spacers out from the frame attachment. Gives you about 15-20mm extra headroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very interesting, I would appreciate some extra room above my head... I tried a phase 3 and in comparison to my phase 2 the seat appeared to me lower. Anyone of you has some pictures of this modification?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Removing / reducing some of the spacers that separate the seat rails from the base of the seat lowers the seat a good few mm.
These can be removed without stripping the seat down, the nuts can be accessed from the top through the gap between the seat base cushion and the bolster fairly strong fingers required.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've just done this to my 1999 GTV V6. It's just as the guide describes. The central cushion pulls up once you unclick the front and then you can release the side bolsters and get a spanner/socket in. 13mm for the front and back and 10mm for the middle one. I removed the 4 rear spacers altogether and put 10mm (ish) deep nuts in place of the front spacers so the front is slightly higher.
It doesn't make a radical difference but you can feel the difference. I wasn't brave enough to start cutting the central cushion....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I now own the car that is documented above as having the seat modified, have done for 6 years; I was not aware it had been undertaken but often wondered why people criticised the driving position of a standard seat in a Gtvk then I found my car on here from the posts of the previous owner; it is a good mod as you sit more in the seat and have a better more supportive driving position.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts