Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All :

I own a 93' 155 2.0TS 8v & now I have a chance to get a broken 95' Fiat coupe 2.0 16v Turbo, I want to put this coupe Engine in my 155! :D

Will it fit my 155 ? ( 8v, not wide body )
Easy or not to fix it ?
Are their anyone succeed before ?
Any adivse for me ?

I find in this forums & saw following link talked about this, seem coupe engine work fine 155 !

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1529&highlight=coupe

Finally hope you guys can provide some suggest for me !

Thank You !

Lawrence
Alfisti in HK

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Do it!!! :D

It fits in a Fiat Tipo no problem... .so don't see why it wont go in the 155 :D

·
Registered
30,170 Posts
AlfaBoxer145 said:
that will be friggin mint! those 5 cylinder fiat engines warble nicely mate, especially with a nice filter and exhaust on....
The 16V Turbo engine is 4-cylinder, it is the 20V Turbo that is 5-cylinder (and a very tight fit!)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Should be no reason why it won`t fit in your 155 ;) :D

But you may have to use it`s own ECU and gearbox.........hopefully the mountings will be similar or the same also you will have to check and see if the 155 driveshafts will fit the Fiat gearbox or the Fiat shafts will fit the 155 hubs

Obviously the Exhaust will have to be made to suit and it might be worth beefing up the front brakes unless your gonna swap the front hubs and brakes assembly from the Fiat and use them

Should`nt be too much of a problem epecially if your getting the Whole Car and not just the Engine :D :D

You`l have to post some piccies of it when it`s done :D :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Fiat group Turbo 1995cc blocks are all pretty much the same design - 16v Turbo, Integrale and Q4. You can even get the 16v Turbo engine into a Fiat X19.

I think getting a gearbox to match upto the Alfa driveshafts and /or hubs would be the biggest problem.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear all :

Just wakeup & see so many reply ! Now I get more confidence to start this project, Due to I can not do this myself ( No time & Not skillful ). I think better arrange my mechanic to take a look on that coupe & do some mesurement, If everything fit, I will be the only turbo 155 in HK !! Ha Ha.... :cheese: :cheese:
Thank again all buddy in here ! I will keep you update in process !

Best Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts