Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was out having a little drive last night and as usual i got stuck behind a slow moving campervan. To remedy this horrible situation i decided an enthusiastic gear change from 4th to 3rd was in order, problem solved. the car took off down the road and sailed through the gears without any issues.

A little further down the road was some standing traffic, i tried to shift down to fourth but had no luck at all, it just felt like something was in the way, i got it into 3rd but couldn't get 2nd or 1st. it would go in to neutral no problem (haven't tried reverse). Im really hoping its just the linkages as I've not long had a new engine put in, think a gearbox now would just be taking the p#ss.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Remove the gear stick gaiter and see if the gear linkage pivot bush has migrated out of the housing.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I should have added, is the gearstick gone loose/floppy?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well problem has been solved. From what i could gather, the gear did not select properly on change down and caused it to get locked in gear.

all the gears now work but third has a little crunch to it as it engages, still usable so keeps me happy for a while lol. Guess i shall be looking for a new box. do ph1's fit ph2's????

·
Registered
942 Posts
Well problem has been solved. From what i could gather, the gear did not select properly on change down and caused it to get locked in gear.

all the gears now work but third has a little crunch to it as it engages, still usable so keeps me happy for a while lol. Guess i shall be looking for a new box. do ph1's fit ph2's????
I'd like to know the answer to this question too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts