Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just for high end racing cars or can 'normal' cars have them.

I fancy them on the spider but not if it's like sticking a gti sticker on a 1.1 corsa :lol:

Ta

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Is it just for high end racing cars or can 'normal' cars have them.

I fancy them on the spider but not if it's like sticking a gti sticker on a 1.1 corsa :lol:

Ta
Extract from Auto News......
The four-leaf clover means different things to different people. It's a national icon for the Irish, and a good luck charm to Sunday strollers. But to Alfa Romeo fanatics, it's the emblem of the very best Italy has to offer.

The icon has been used on various high-performance Alfas throughout the company's history, and most recently appeared on special editions of the Spider, GT and 147

It's your car and if it falls into your catagory of "special" then why not......:thumbs:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Imo only wear a cloverleaf if it origenally had it.

A gtv 105 wore them, but I wont put it on my gt junior.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my cars special to me but I think you're right with the original line so I best leave them off.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I think the alfa corse badges are fine on anything (the white trangle with green cloverleaf). I have them on my GTV and have had them on every Alfa i've had. The quadrifoglio verde on its own i would only have on a cloverleaf model - on my old Sprint cloverleaf i had both as it was a cloverleaf editon but on the 33 P4 i only had the alfa corse badges as it wasn't strictly a cloverleaf.

The bottom line though is Alfa don't really seem to use them consistently so you could probably get away with whatever you like. In my experience most non-alfisti think they're an Irish symbol anyway!

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've ordered a set, for £2.50 a pair posted I thought I'd see how they look.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have used them on all my alfas, it is down to personal taste, but if only I had a £ for every time someone has asked why I have a shamrock on my car.....:)

Sean

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
the shamrock (or seamróg in Irish) is actually a three leaf clover, so not the quadrifoglio, the four-leaf clover, used first by Ferarri, then alfa from the old racing days, and which is a sign of good luck - and you sure need that in an alfa:)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I find it very strange to see a couple of nice 147's around here with the " Cloverleaf " badge stuck on them, even though there NEVER was a 147 Cloverleaf produced, but as someone else has said, it's your Car to do what you like with it !!!!!.......:D

R

·
0 Posts
Ive got a white triangle quadro figlio on my 147jtd, I think it exudes knowledge of the marque and homage to the fact that we all aspire to the racing heritage that Alfa Romeo has acheived! Now if you've got a classic £30 grand motor that might not be appropriate but I'm just displaying knowledge and enthusiasm for the Alfa brand. Oh and an italian flag and a Marco Simoncelli sticker!! Nothing wrong with any of them!! I've just got a Marco "race your life" sticker from the bay and it's so big I might put it on the roof like a police car! It might give the wrong impression on the helicopter footage m'lud!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think the Quadrifoglio has a special part in Alfa history.

I didn't think the white triange with Quadrifoglio would look right on my 1991 Spider but I still wanted that history to be a part of my car.

Here's what I found and did. I like it.

Vin

Quadrifoglio.jpg

Post edit.

Picture turned out a lot smaller. Don't know how to make it bigger.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well they've arrived but now for placement, id intended to put them high on the wing like nineonesix but looking at vintre's pic i think in the indentation might be best for the spider.

What do you think?

ta

1 - 20 of 21 Posts