Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good day forum:)

My question is,

1) Can 2015 Mito QV have "grey" colored Brembo brake calipers instead of red calipers, as I've recently seen one 2015 MQV with
grey calipers.
Is that grey caliper an option to choose when purchasing or does that non-red color mean it's been fitted through aftermarket?

2) Is there any difference between the red and grey calipers?

Mostly Mito QVs are seen with red calipers but seldomly seen with "grey" colored calipers.

I could not help but ask here.
Appreciate your opinions!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Photos attached!!

Never seen the grey ones on a Mito QV. Any photo's?

Thanks for your reply.

I've also never seen grey calipers on Mito QV except for this one in the photo.
Also, nowhere I could find any option to choose grey calipers as Alfa Romeo only offers red calipers as standard on Mito QVs.

What do you think?
If the calipers were grey, do you think they're fitted through aftermarket or could it possibly mean that its original red calipers have been swapped with other Alfa's grey ones on purpose for any reason?

That grey calipers instead of red make me distrust its genuineness. Plz Help!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Possible previous owner didn't like the red calipers and got grey ones to match the wheels. Only way you will truly know is if you find the previous owner and ask.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yes I agree

Possible previous owner didn't like the red calipers and got grey ones to match the wheels. Only way you will truly know is if you find the previous owner and ask.

Yes I agree with you that it may be possible that the red calipers have been changed to grey ones..

BUT, the mito QV I'm talking about in this thread is a demo vehicle kept by an Alfa Romeo dealership, which has been driven so far for like only 3000kms.

Then, would it mean that the mito's calipers have been grey ever since it had been delivered from the factory for the first time?
I asked the guy at the dealership and he said a bit ambiguously that sometimes they choose grey ones instead of red.
But again, I am not sure how the dealership could do that as Alfa Romeo does not provide an option to choose grey instead of red at all..

I am sooooo confused...!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh is it?

They look exactly like my red ones except they are painted grey if you get
what I mean.
Yes they are surely the same Brembos as the usual red ones on MQVs.

But I really wonder if there is an option available to choose grey calipers when ordering a brandnew Mito QV in the UK and any other countries??

Because I've never seen such option for grey ones...unless through aftermarket..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you !!

Link again, this time tested...

I don't know the actual car, but it's a quite high spec 2010 QV

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1,4 Turbo Start & Stop 170HK 3d 6g - Nyborg - Klik her

Now I can see the link!! Thanks a lot:)
So that Mito's 2010..

Is 2010 MITO labelled as MY12??

If so, older ones like MQV MY12 models may have grey calipers but as we cannot easily see the latest MQVs like 2014 and 2015 models with grey calipers,

may this be concluded as grey calipers are only on old MQVs perhaps??

·
Registered
296 Posts
Now I can see the link!! Thanks a lot:)
So that Mito's 2010..

Is 2010 MITO labelled as MY12??

If so, older ones like MQV MY12 models may have grey calipers but as we cannot easily see the latest MQVs like 2014 and 2015 models with grey calipers,

may this be concluded as grey calipers are only on old MQVs perhaps??
Mine is from 03/2010 and has very red calipers !

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you for the pic!!

Mine is a 2010 (August I think), with grey calipers: https://twitter.com/nkh/status/668034577026449408 (the only picture I had right now....)
Did you purchase a brandnew MITO??

Was the grey caliper standard on your MQV??

Or did have an option to choose the grey ones instead of red calipers??

I wonder if the 2015 MITO has such option for grey calipers...because I don't see any option provided by Alfa Romeo in the latest version of MiTO..such a mystery..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you purchase a brandnew MITO??
No.

Was the grey caliper standard on your MQV??

Or did have an option to choose the grey ones instead of red calipers??
I don't know for sure, but I'd think that's how it arrived from the factory (I have bills from the previous owner for various things like Brembo discs, but not calipers). It could be that the grey ones are a bit cheaper and therefore was put on some cars destined for Denmark (it doesn't have the electronic dampers either).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No electronic dampers?

No.

I don't know for sure, but I'd think that's how it arrived from the factory (I have bills from the previous owner for various things like Brembo discs, but not calipers). It could be that the grey ones are a bit cheaper and therefore was put on some cars destined for Denmark (it doesn't have the electronic dampers either).

By the electronic dampers do you mean the Alfa Adaptive Suspension which is a standard for QV or the standard EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distributor)?

And, is there any difference in its performance between the red and grey calipers? Or is it just the painting that makes the difference in its look (color)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
By the electronic dampers do you mean the Alfa Adaptive Suspension which is a standard for QV or the standard EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distributor)?
The adaptive suspension, which wasn't standard on the QV in Denmark. When I was looking for my QV I only found one with the active suspension - incidentally the same one Leo.dk linked to earlier (though at that time I think it was listed at 170.000 dkk).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts