Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony head unit from my old car with ipod connection on the back. Can this be used with the steering wheel controls on an 04 147? Also, is it difficult to run the ipod cable to the glove box?

B

·
0 Posts
Wow - what a price :eek: I paid nearly £100 just for an Alpine interface lead. Even when you add the £4.99 for the patch lead then its a bargain - plus you get a facia! Is this a regular price, or am I just a sucker??! :eek:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Wow - what a price :eek: I paid nearly £100 just for an Alpine interface lead. Even when you add the £4.99 for the patch lead then its a bargain - plus you get a facia! Is this a regular price, or am I just a sucker??! :eek:
£100!!! :eek: My alpine one was £19.99 fitted!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Getting it to the glovebox btw is no problem at all - you can run the cable in through the glovebox light hole (or just drill your own).

As a more 'integrated' design i'm looking at running one to the ash tray and putting a proper iPod dock in there - it's perfectly sized for this with a bit of modding :)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I was quite impressed with mine, even had keys for removing the old unit, and ISO connector for the aerial, and if that wasn't enough, even the fascia is a good colour match!

B

·
0 Posts
Thinking about it, this was around 5 years ago - maybe these things have become a bit cheaper. I bought it from a reputable ICE shop and they made such a mess of ordering it (initially they forgot then ordered the wrong one) they then fitted it for free. Then the Alfa dealer told me there was no such part as the GT facia. I ended up ringing another dealer 60 miles away to get the part number and gave it to my local dealer, but they still could'nt find the part. So I drove the 120 miles round trip to get it from the other dealer :cry:. Things have not really improved in the last 5 years. :rolleyes: This was the begining of a 4 year saga of GT ownership. Sorry I'm off thr topic.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dont think this will help, but mine is over 4 years old too. My facia, loom covertor and steering controls convertor came in at less than £50, they fitted it all as they installed the stereo (mine was from an ICE shop too) so was done for free as part of the unit purchase.

One lesson there to be learned, dont listen to the stealers ;-)

B

·
0 Posts
Yip - I don't normally get ripped off - being miserable with money comes naturally to me!! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi there guys, i have ordered an ALPINE IVA-W520EBT so does that mean I have to purchase the Alpine version which retails for $129 AUD or can I use a generic version? Plus are there any forum members out there who have fitted an ALPINE to their 159's....? Pics please if possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts