Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow engine light on in my alfa 156 1.6ts 2003 (3 lambda sensors),I put it into a scanner and got 4 faults
they were air flow meter which I have now fitted and pre lambda sensors, and I think temperture sensor, and was wondering can I use any 4 wired lambda sensors as I cant affort to buy them new for 250 euros at the moment,I use one on my old alfa 146 1.4ts a lambda sensor for audi/vw and it put down the emissions and was running very well,
or does anyone know of any hints of any cars that I could take them from at a scrap yard!!

any help would really be appreciated Thanks.

L

·
0 Posts
you can if you want to go thro weeks of hair pulling & getting more annoyed with your car as each day passes, if you want to fix your problem/s properly buy Bosch Sensors

·
Registered
262 Posts
you could try at first cleaning the lambda sensors,take them out then with a blow torch heat the ends up this will brn any excess deposits off the tips,it does work and is worth a try
steve

·
Banned
857 Posts
you can if you want to go thro weeks of hair pulling & getting more annoyed with your car as each day passes, if you want to fix your problem/s properly buy Bosch Sensors
Lambda sensors are like tyres, batteries and spark plugs - the same ones can fit many many cars. The trick is finding the correct spec.

The idea that buying new from a dealer is the only/best way is gross ignorance. The car manufacturers have little or no influence or interest in the design and construction of them.

They are simply measuring devices. To suggest that there is some imperative to buy a 'genuine' one is like saying if you wanted to measure the length of your car you have to use a measuring tape sold by the dealer.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
The idea that buying new from a dealer is the only/best way is gross ignorance.
No one said main dealer.
He said "Bosch".

Countless cases of people using NTK Lambda sensors on 156/147/GT and having no end of issues until they finally replace with Bosch.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Try the BOSCH universal LS615 ... it's the same sensor but doesn't come with the plug ... it has it's own connector socket (no soldering, damages sensor!)

L

·
0 Posts
Bosch sensors don't have to bought form dealers, Alternative Autos, EBSpare, eBay, etc....

·
Registered
450 Posts
The critical part of choosing the right sensor is the resistance in the heater circuit. The correct resistance depends on the distance from the engine. If the resistance is wrong, the ecu will not activate it and the signal will be garbage because of the low temp.

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Bosch sensors don't have to bought form dealers, Alternative Autos, EBSpare, eBay, etc....
Bosch Service Centres? Even your local motor factors should be able to get them if they don't stock them already .. EuroCarParts might be a different ball game though! ;)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Local motor factors will stock em,had one go on a honda civic :rolleyes:a few years back 105 quid from honda got a denso one (honda used them as oe back then)from my local factors for 40 odd quid same part, a third of the price:thumbs:

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Denso might be ok for Honda, but if NTK is anything to go by, it will be wrong on an Alfa. Yes, you can buy all sorts of different "brands" .. but the Bosch is the only one I've found with the right spec (eg ohm rating).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts