Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
When I debaged my GT I just used some cotton thread and worked it behind the badge similar to using dental floss.

Just had to polish some of the sticky residue off after the badges were free.

The paint finish under the badge wont be damaged using the above method :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Is that to stop people asking why you have shamrocks on your car :lol:, only had mine few days and already been asked twice

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Four leaves of the clover - said to represent Faith and Hope and Luck and Love...

Essential for keeping the older ships running.. :D

Keep the badges on there...!

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I did wonder.. :D

I assumed the lad wanted the big-bang engine :thumbs: but doesn't like them.. :tut:

But the Cloverleaf is vintage... it dates from the 1923 Targa Florio.

The Targa Florio was one of the toughest competitions in Europe. In those days it covered just 3 laps but 277 miles (446 km) around Sicily.. through multiple hairpin curves on broken, rutted and treacherous mountain roads.

It was often impossible to identify each car as it passed by on each lap (assuming it survived each deadly lap), streaked with the dirt and mud...

Alfa entered four RL racing cars... for Ugo Sivocci, Antonio Ascari, Giulio Masetti and (the) Enzo Ferrari. During the race a lady guest asked Nicola Romeo "Quali sono i nostri?" (Which ones are ours?) Romeo could only reply " i Rossi.." (The red ones.. ) to which the lady replied "Ma sono tutti rossi.." (But they're all red.. ) Only Sivocci's car was distinguishable, as it had a huge green cloverleaf painted on the nose.

During the race Ferrari's car retired, so it was left to Sivocci and Ascari to battle for the lead.. though Sivocci opened up a gap and was not really threatened.

Alfa RLs came home first and second with Masetti coming home in fourth.. quite a considerable achievement and a famous result in those early days. Nicola Romeo decided that his works racing cars would from then on, always carry a green cloverleaf emblem.. :)

Ralf S.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Heat up the badge with a hair dryer then remove with dental floss.

I've done it before and it works a treat!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
the new qv mito has better quality brushed aluminium cloverleaf badges, no doubt they will be put on the giulietta soon, i bet the dealers will be flooded with orders for aftermarket ones too 'cos the white plastic ones do look like fridge magnets!

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Quadrifoglio Verde is part of Alfa Romeo's heritage and you removed it ??? Absolutely MAD ! BONKERS !!

You should be proud of that badge !

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
To be fair.. it is a bit rubbery. They coulda done a nicer one.. :)

I'd have a simple sticker myself.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
37,954 Posts
the new qv mito has better quality brushed aluminium cloverleaf badges, no doubt they will be put on the giulietta soon, i bet the dealers will be flooded with orders for aftermarket ones too 'cos the white plastic ones do look like fridge magnets!
that's right.I just noticed them on this video from Frankfurt show.
Social Net Wall - Official Post Youtube
people must have complained,so they look like satin silver to go with the mirrors and door handles.maybe they would look more integrated on the mirrors?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have had my g cloverleaf a month now and those badges have been niggling me for a while now. Have decided i dont like the way they look. They look like an aftermarket part fitted on , they way the bulge out like that. To me anyway.

Just dont look classy enough to me. What i am going to do though is replace them with a flat cloverleaf emblem instead, so keep the look , just in a different way

·
Registered
590 Posts
First time I saw them I did think they were aftermarket, to me they look too large, poor quality and don't seem to look quite right.

The newer metal versions may look better, personally I would remove them.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
hi cuttlefish, agreed they look much nicer than the badges on my G. having said that, are they still a raised type badge?

im looking at a more flush to the paintwork type of badge or cloverleaf sticker

1 - 20 of 45 Posts