Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can buy the 159 ti alloys but the 18 inch ones (not the 19). Also will I need spacers along with other adjustments to put them on a Giulietta and could I get away with not declaring the change on my insurance?

Any help would be really appreciated
Cheers!

·
Registered
2011 2.0L JTDM2 140 Giulietta
144 Posts
I've got a set of 17inch 8j 7 horseshoe ones that I've had on mine with no issues so as long as the offset (ET41) and tire size is correct (xxx/40 r18 iirc) then you should be fine*.

The bolt holes are bigger for the 159 hub but the bolt head size is the same so they do the job.

* Unless you have the brembo calipers where there's apparently an issue with clearence and spacers are needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a set of 17inch 8j 7 horseshoe ones that I've had on mine with no issues so as long as the offset (ET41) and tire size is correct (xxx/40 r18 iirc) then you should be fine*.

The bolt holes are bigger for the 159 hub but the bolt head size is the same so they do the job.

* Unless you have the brembo calipers where there's apparently an issue with clearence and spacers are needed.
Ah cheers mate, where did you get them eBay? And did you have to declare them on your insurance

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ebay yes, they were 2nd hand and a little tatty so it was more a little project for me one summer. Am about to redo them because I'm bored with the standard colour.

Insurance i don't know. I didn't, but since the G came with 16, 17 and 18s I don't think you do since you've not changed the performance of the car, just the cosmetics...

Maybe ask on the insurance page for a definative answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah cheers mate, sorry last question if you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for them ?
Ebay yes, they were 2nd hand and a little tatty so it was more a little project for me one summer. Am about to redo them because I'm bored with the standard colour.

Insurance i don't know. I didn't, but since the G came with 16, 17 and 18s I don't think you do since you've not changed the performance of the car, just the cosmetics...

Maybe ask on the insurance page for a definative answer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
They were up at 250 but offered yhem down to 220 i think but this was a few years and many, many beers ago.

·
Registered
36,787 Posts
Some people feel the 18” wheels need the sill mouldings to make it look right.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
5,049 Posts
I bought my Alfa as is and If I am correct the wheels on it are 18" TI.
Recently bought 4 new tires and the car runs perfectly on them :).
Alfa never made 18 inch versions of the ten spoke TI wheels as far as I know....so they must be replicas....there are loads of 18 inch copies on eBay. They were also never fitted to the Brera....in either 19 or 18 inch AFAIK.
..................I wait to be proven wrong though!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts