Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! Recently I purchased a 159 sportwagon, to change up my tired 156 jts. Sadly, there isn't a usb port in the glovebox. My question is, if I get a blue and me ecu and a USB header, can I just plug it all in to the default CD player? Sadly it's not the mp3 player one, just the basic CD radio, no CD changer in the boot either. Will it work? If and anyone did such a thing.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello Everyone! Recently I purchased a 159 sportwagon, to change up my tired 156 jts. Sadly, there isn't a usb port in the glovebox. My question is, if I get a blue and me ecu and a USB header, can I just plug it all in to the default CD player? Sadly it's not the mp3 player one, just the basic CD radio, no CD changer in the boot either. Will it work? If and anyone did such a thing.
Thanks in advance!
I have just purchased a Brera with no USB or Blue & Me, so I would also be very keen to know the answer to this question.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Personally I would replace B&M and head unit with an Andriod double din. You then get a player that will play every format of compressed music as well as CD/DVD, sat NAV, reliable phone connection and phone book transfer, the ability for forward and rear reverse camera, Torques app for live engine diagnostic and a "computer in a box" with more apps to choose from than you will ever need.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Personally I would replace B&M and head unit with an Andriod double din. You then get a player that will play every format of compressed music as well as CD/DVD, sat NAV, reliable phone connection and phone book transfer, the ability for forward and rear reverse camera, Torques app for live engine diagnostic and a "computer in a box" with more apps to choose from than you will ever need.
Agreed this is the 'best' option but an expensive one! For under £100.00 its a good short term investment for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like how it looks with the stock radio, altho there are some good looking Android devices out there. Would i still have the functions on the wheel?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like how it looks with the stock radio, altho there are some good looking Android devices out there. Would i still have the functions on the wheel?
I installed one of these in my new 147
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Car-blue...226652?hash=item19ff871a9c:g:huEAAOSwPcJVRkwj

The box goes in your glovebox (in my case) but it does take up a little room. It accepts MicroSD Cards, Aux Line Input and USB Input. Also Bluetooth connection for phone and I can control it all from my steering wheel. There are a few other brands available with different features.
Is that like a CD changer emulator, where you need to name your songs and albums like 001, 002 and so on? Or does it show you what you're listening to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts