Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My alfa romeo has a radio tape fitted - why they did that I do not know!!!

I've seen that some alfa's come fitted with a cd player standard. Does anyone know whether I could replace my r/t with a cd player if I can get my hands on one?

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You can buy a surround to fit any cd/mp3 player unit into the dash for a bit over £10. The connector is standard enough and you can buy adapters for most units also.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I considered fitting a CD changer in the boot and connecting it up to the original headunit, then I found a new sony headunit and 10 disc changer for £40.

When I did take out the old unit I couldn't work out how I would have connected the changer to the original headunit anyway.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
You can often get the OEM one's on Ebay for that original look.

The Turismo had a casette player - the Lusso a CD.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Hi

My alfa romeo has a radio tape fitted - why they did that I do not know!!!

I've seen that some alfa's come fitted with a cd player standard. Does anyone know whether I could replace my r/t with a cd player if I can get my hands on one?
Why not. The in-dash CD headunit should work fine. It then gives you an option of linking to a CD Changer or MP3/iPod if you want to via the connections on the back.

If you don't want to use an Alfa OEM headunit, as suggested before, buy a DIN surround and just use another headunit. I'd stick with an Alfa unit though.

(Woohoo, 1500th post! :))

N

·
0 Posts
To connect a CD changer to the original headunit you
just need this lead:

IDC cable

I used the Blaupunkt IDC A09 dash changer
mounted in the boot of my 147. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts