Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this site and need some help. I have a Brera 3.2 V6. When I bought the car it had a Parrot Hands free fitted and the Odometer was flashing. I have since had the hands free and the stereo unit replaced with a sat nav/stereo system but the odometer is still flashing.
I know this is a Can Bus error but no one including my Alfa main dealer can tell me how to correct it.
Can anyone help.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
carry out a proxy alignment using suitable diagnostic software is the only thing that might work, however if a node is missing it might not work.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Sounds like the original Blue & Me unit that came with the car has been unplugged from the Canbus. Unplugging it from the Canbus makes the Odometer flash.

In all likelihood when the Parrot was fitted, the Blue & Me was unplugged by the fitter. Try plugging it back in. It's behind the aluminium centre fascia, just above the air con unit. Just hope they didn't chuck it in the bin. As it's easier to unplug than unscrew and remove, you may be in luck.

When I had a stereo fitted to my Brera, I got the fitter to leave the Blue & Me connected to the Canbus but disconnected its inputs and outputs. Hey presto - aftermarket stereo working perfectly and no flashing odometer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that, The blue & me module was in the car and plugged in when the Parrot was there. When the new stero was fitted it was unplugged and removed ( I still have it) as there was not enough room to get the new unit in. As the odometer was flashing before the new unit was fitted I am not sure putting it back will do anything but I will try it and let you know.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
You can also buy a cable, the "CTBLUE.MELEA", it is sold under the pioneer badge (so speak to your local pioneer stockist), it's relatively expensive at £30, as it is essentially just an extension cable, most people seem to just put it in the footwell, or squeeze it down the size in the instrument cluster. But this just lets the canbus see the unit and not flash the odometer.
Without the right equipment, I suggest you are looking at a similar, if not higher price for the canbus alignment.

·
Premium Member
3,476 Posts
ELM327 + MultiECUScan + Proxy Alignment it's all you need.
+1

The Proxy Alignment scans the CAN bus and sees what's connected. Sometimes if you plug in and remove stuff off the canbus it needs to be done to re-learn all the devices. It doesn't matter what is plugged in when you do it as it only learns what is connected so no need to plug the old Blue & me back in to fix it. Just rescan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. I have just had a proxy alignment done and problem solved. It took about 2 mins and turned out to be an error in the nearside door. Nothing to do with the stereo/bluetooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts