Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

is there a database oonline where u can trace the owner of a car from its number plate???

cheers

·
Registered
249 Posts
Plate-stalking?

HAHA :lol:

Actually I vaguely remember seeing an advertisement/article somewhere for that service (not sure if it was in the US, Europe or here) where the idea was that if you saw someone you fancied in another car you could get in touch...

...or maybe I just dreamt it...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I thought you could contact the DVLA ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Talking from personal experience ???
No just random googling and being nosy (is my GSXR still on the road etc ... ) :thumbs:

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you just want to know if the car is on the road, you can try autotrader's website. One of the adverts has a number plate checker. It will tell you the make and model of the car the plate is attached to. If it can't find it, you could assume that the car is no more.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Plate-stalking?

HAHA :lol:

Actually I vaguely remember seeing an advertisement/article somewhere for that service (not sure if it was in the US, Europe or here) where the idea was that if you saw someone you fancied in another car you could get in touch...

...or maybe I just dreamt it...

that was an SMS service 'idea'. when u 'join' the club u get a sticker to put on a car. other club member can therefore txt ur numbr plate and get ur details...

i dont think that ever worked out;)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Yes, the private parking control scammers get it from the DVLA who'll tell almost anyone for a small fee - nice moneymaker for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts