Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a 159 TI shortly and looking if a warranty is worth while.

The car is a 2009 1.9 with 78,000 miles.

I am worried that one day the gearbox maybe an issue, i would have thought a warranty would be a good idea.

The garage use a company called Warranties 2000 for £297 for a year but never heard of them and the website looks .....basic

Background

Can anyone recommend a warranty company, like to hear if anyone has successfully claimed a gearbox rebuild etc!

V

·
0 Posts
The 1st thing you should do is put some fresh, fully synthetic gearbox oil in the 'box, unless you know it's already been done ;).

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
6,157 Posts
Yes RAC, less than that AND you get road side thrown in. I have had no problems with pay outs.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I took out a Warranty Wise policy on my 159 when the initial 3-year manufacturer/dealer cover expired last March. Since then, I've never had to claim anything so was beginning to wonder if it had been a waste of money, other than the peace of mind that it gives.

I put the car into my local indie (McLennans of Loanhead, near Edinburgh, :thumbs:) yesterday for a timing belt and precautionary water pump change - the belt's not due for another 9k miles or so but better safe than sorry with a European jaunt coming up. They discovered that the pump had started to leak anyway, and noticing that I had the WW cover, they submitted a claim on my behalf at about 5.30 last night. At 09.50 this morning I got an email from WW telling me that the claim for £254.47 (that includes the total labour charge for the full job so all I'm paying for is the cost of the belt and tensioners) was authorised - all I needed to do was print-off an attached form, sign it and send it back to them and they'll pay McLennans direct.

That pretty much 'refunds' me the year's premium, and I can't fault the speed of their response, :).

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are a member of csma (civil service motoring association) or know someone who is that can refer you and allow you to join, then you can get a very good warranty through them. It is delivered by carcare plan who I understand back a lot of the manufacturers extended warranties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts