Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I am really stuck and real desperate at the moment. I live in Oudtshoorn and very far from Gauteng.

As most of you know I have broken the gearbox of my 146.
Carlo, (Turbonutters) is coming down to Mosselbaai which is not very far from me.
I have a brand new gearbox that I bought from Neville Pretorius a friend in brakpan which owns a Alfa 156 GTA. Carlo said he will help me out to bring the box down to me when he leaves Sunday. My problem now is that Neville is really stuck at the moment and I need someone that is willing to help me out to get the gearbox from Brakpan where Neville lives to Carlo in Sinovale Pretoria before Sunday. Actually Neville will be out the whole of Saturdayas well which makes it real difficult now.

Please I am really asking nice I will even pay some money for petrol in your account who ever can help me out on this one please.

I am really sad feel like :cry:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I can be the halfway stop in Sandton to take it to PTA - I would be willing to drive somewhat towards Brakpan side too, like Edenvale or something...

Anyone willing to help a bit from the East?

P

·
0 Posts
How big is this gearbox? And Gertie when will best suite you?

I might be able to help out from Bpan too Edenvale

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
A gearbox should fit in a Guilietta, no problem - no bigger that 2 wheels - weighs no more that 50kg.

I would prefer to try and combine it with commuting times (work and back) I need to get it by lunch tomorrow - as I need to leave a bit early for the weekend - I'll send you an email.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gertie and perreby thank you for your willingness in this regard.
Can I supply you guys with the telephone number of Neville who has the gearbox?

The gearbox is brand new still in a fiat/alfa crate. But I am not worried about the crate it will just take up unnecessary space. And it should be super clean as well as it has not ever been used.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive just spoken to Neville. He said its fine I can post his number here. His number is 082 328 2680.

I will appreciate all your help in this regard.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I chatted to Neville, he has a 156 and he does not recon the box with enter the boot opening easily - hatchback will work. He works in Bedfordview - that would work for me, but the question is if he will manage to get the box in his boot...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neville is sidedraught on this forum.

You can throw the crate away. Do you think it will fit without the crate? just the gearbox itself?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Neville is sidedraught on this forum.
You can throw the crate away. Do you think it will fit without the crate? just the gearbox itself?
I passed that by everyone - it seems without the crate is the best plan. The gearbox should be completely dry and clean, right? Neville will try getting it in his 156 tonight and I'll get it from him tomorrow morning and bring to PTA tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I passed that by everyone - it seems without the crate is the best plan. The gearbox should be completely dry and clean, right? Neville will try getting it in his 156 tonight and I'll get it from him tomorrow morning and bring to PTA tomorrow afternoon.
Respect to you SA guys. Always going the extra mile to help each other out:thumbs:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The gearbox should be clean with not a drop of oil as it is brand new from the factory. Never been used. So I am sure it will be clean according to Neville it is super clean.

Thanks once again. Please keep in touch with me. My number is 082 929 1171
i am on Whats app also if that will be easier for you. I have a Blackberry and my pin is: 2A3AE7F9 in cae you have a blackberry.

I will also phone Turbonutters and inform him that it should be by him tomorrow late afternoon so he can expect it.

Thank you once again. It is much appreciated!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone for making this possible.
It just shows how faithfull you can guys can be when it comes to Alfa!
One day I will roll a stone out of your path.

Unfortunately it cannot be a get out of jail free card. LOL

1 - 20 of 25 Posts