Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I already have an email address set up fine on my vista email. But Ive just set up another email correctly but do not know how to view it. If i go onto account and click on it, i just get lots of options up but cannot view it like my other account.

Can anyone help please.

Many thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Do you know your email server settings (POP and SMTP), and your account details?

What is it you are using, Outlook / Outlook Express?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes. I have set it all up. I can see it in the accounts as well as my other email.

I'm not sure. Its just the vista windows mail.

When i click on the desktop shortcut for windows mail it takes me to my old email as it should and i can view my inbox, outbox etc.

What i want to do is view my other email account which i have just set up but don't know how to? I can see it in accounts, but if i click on it, it just takes me to the properties for that email which it also does with my previous accounts. I hope this makes sense. All help is much appreciated.

N

·
0 Posts
Probably not a helpful comment; but I use Thunderbird for email
as it has a lot more going for it than Outlook Express
Windows Mail. And it's easier to handle multiple mail accounts with it.

S

·
0 Posts
Probably not a helpful comment; but I use Thunderbird for email
as it has a lot more going for it than Outlook Express
Windows Mail. And it's easier to handle multiple mail accounts with it.
+1 :thumbs:

I use Thunderbird on Linux because Windoze and Outlook are crap.

Can even set it up to get Exchange server email in work

N

·
0 Posts
Yeah, TBird (and previously NetscapeMail) works on everything
from laptops to Sun Workstations, so it's still is my main choice.

N

·
0 Posts
Linux is for people with sandals and time on their hands.
Linux is something that industry ended up using because
Windows was such a big fail in exploiting/unleashing the growing
power of microprocessors.

Most electronic tech of the last 5+ years has been design and developed using Linux.

S

·
0 Posts
I am sick of being called by relatives that their Windows PC is running too slow, only to boot Vista and find it's running all the crap of the day, viruses and spyware ahoy, and they are using IE with half the screen taken up by useless search toolbars that every bloody piece of Windows software seems to want to install nowadays.

Regarding the original question, Rockadile gave a good answer in the link How do I create separate inboxes in Windows Mail?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Linux is something that industry ended up using because
Windows was such a big fail in exploiting/unleashing the growing
power of microprocessors.

Most electronic tech of the last 5+ years has been design and developed using Linux.
That'll be the Nev that hates windows then. :)

I think I have done this point with you before so have no opinion on the linux\windows argument. :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
No. Can't see the point.

Got XP on the laptop which works fine and Vista on the
TV connected "mediaplayer" which also works okay.
(Well it's got 4GB and a quad core AMD so it could be running
interpreted BASIC and still be quite swift.)

No point to change either. It's just an OS and a windowing
system after all.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
No. Can't see the point.

Got XP on the laptop which works fine and Vista on the
TV connected "mediaplayer" which also works okay.
(Well it's got 4GB and a quad core AMD so it could be running
interpreted BASIC and still be quite swift.)

No point to change either. It's just an OS and a windowing
system after all.
I'm with Nev on this one. I run Vista Enterprise on my work laptop, which works fine. I run XP Pro on my home laptop, which also runs fine.

Windows 7 doesn't yet offer me anything I desperately need, but can't currently do due to the "limitations" of XP/Vista.

So, I'll stick with what I've got until Microshaft threaten to remove support for it! :lol:

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I run Vista on my laptop and every time I log on Firefox slows right down as some application or other tries to access the internet to update itself, or generally hog all the memory. I just have to sit there while it sorts itself out, most annoying. I do not have that problem on my iMac as it handles memory so much better, I think because it is UNIX based. I must admit I do miss Linux, cutting and pasting all those command lines into terminal to get my sound card to work, ah! such memories. $ bash forever. Sorry I have gone of topic rather.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts