Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was having a look on here around a fortnight ago for some info' on stainless steel exhausts. Mine is really on its way out, and thought I would go for one of the Powerflow custom made exhausts, without the cat'. (I have had two Powerflow systems before on my Lancia's with no problems at all.)

I'm sure I read on here that no cat' and freeflow exhausts cause major problems on the V6, although can anyone back this up and explain why this would be the case???

Any help appreciated,
Tony.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I'm sure I read on here that no cat' and freeflow exhausts cause major problems on the V6
No just the ozone :lol:

No i cant see how it can unless a lambda sensor is positioned after the cat.

There can be issues with loss of back pressure but i would not think that's an issue with a v6

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi there,

Just to add my 2 pence, i have a full stainless cybox cat back system from e bay. The quality of fit and welds etc is excellent, and all for £200.Will be getting the cat replacement soon as well as my cat stinks at the mo. The sound of the cybox is really nice and not to loud, just deeper. Choice of tailpipes too

cheers

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
How much was your exhaust mate and what make did you go for ?
It has a powerflow cat-back exhaust (I assume the de-cat is a powerflow item too). It came on the car so I'm afraid I haven't a clue how much it cost, there are no recipts either. It's highly reccomended, I have been in other V6's with standard exhausts and I can tell you the difference is amazing.

·
Vendor
45,291 Posts
No issues on mine at all mate. Running 3.0 engine, Euro 2 2.5 manifolds (no cats), decat section in stainless (Powerflow - £60 which included welding two flanges to the old cat so it can be re-fitted), straight through centre pipe in mild and a SuperSpint backbox. Sounds fapping awesome! :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts