Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2002 GTV 2.0 TS for one week now. Amazing car, and im very pleased. The only thing is my airbag warning light came on yesterday.
Has anybody got any advice as how to solve the problem, i would be most grateful.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Hi,

There should be a cover under your seat that protects the cables from the sensor, sometimes when you move seats back and forward you can accidently grab this wire and disturb it causing the sensor light to come on...

This is easily re-set by your friendly Alfa dealer, my other half had hers done free of charge and a cover put over the cable assembly by perry's of amersham.

They also re-set mine, but no cover for me as I didn't by my car from them:confused:

Chris

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Probably not the correct info Ok, but worth a try nonetheless. The wiring connectors under the seats have been known to throw up airbag warning light signals,brought on by sliding the seats back and forth. Try this area first. Z.F.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Airbag light

thanks for the advice.....ive unplugged and plugged back in under the seat and the light still comes on so ill try getting it reset...ill let you know how i get on....thanks again

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: Airbag light

Hi Oliver, welcome.
Great choice of car. I think this airbag thing is common on most cars fitted with the blasted things. My Nonalfa does it, heap!
The construction and use regs, in many cases, call for some warning lights (e.g. engine emmission warnings) to light up for a while AFTER the problem has gone away. It might go offf after three journeys, not immediately, if you happen to have fixed the problem.
Best of luck,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Also check the seatbelt pretensioner at the bottom left-hand side of the seat, it has a little cover over it, press it down. You won't know if you have fixed it until you try to have the light re-set. Your best bet is to have it diagnosed, but avoid the main dealers, far too expensive, any decent one-man-band type garage will be able to do it for around £30 or less. Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
HI. I have same car same year and had same problem. Mine came on after moving passenger seat to allow someone in the back, was charged £39 for re-set been ok since.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Once again......thanks to everyone. I took the car in this morning, had it reset....apparently a fault was found with the passenger side squib ring???? light not come back on...£30 quid.......what actually is a squib ring....ive never ever heard of it???

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thought i would add this in case it helps anyone else....Im still waiting for my squib ring to be replaced but ive found out what it is. When i had it diagnosed they told me that it was the passenger side squib ring, this is because the equiptment is set up for left hand drive cars. The actual problem is a rubber ring in the steering column.....or so ive been told.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts