Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about upgrading my 305s to 330s for a while. Just stumbled on an interesting thought. Alfa 159 Brembos run on 330mm discs all be it 28mm thick ones. Can these be fitted to a 156GTA? If so, what other bits would be needed?

Recon 159 Brembos are £85 each so £170 a set, plus discs and pads at say £150 for reasonable ones, and a set of adaptor brackets, hopefully the ones that are part of the 305 to 330 upgrade kit. So 330s all in with change from £500?

Cheers

Andy

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Different to the 330mm GTA Brembos?
Yes unfortunately.

Also what discs would you use? 156 GTA 330mm discs would not fit the caliper, 159 discs would not fit the hub.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
Also I may be wrong here, but I think when you buy recon calipers from Alfa there is a big surcharge which you have to return your old ones for to get back. It certainly applies to their recon gearboxes, recon driveshafts etc etc.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Definitely got to give them the old ones at that price and they then recycle them fo next customer. I would like a list of what parts they do cos it can work out alot cheaper, like one of my window motors didn't work out as expensive as second hand parts on ebay and at least the part is as good as new

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No surcharge, just found a firm that sells them straight. I'd assume there will be a disc available to fit 156 hub and 159 caliper if spacings right. There's only so many combinations out there.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
I don't know of any car that uses 330x28mm discs with 5x98 PCD on the hub. I know of someone who fitted 159 brembos with custom brackets and machined down 330x32mm discs to fit but this takes them way beyond their specified wear limit, so probably not safe.

The alternative would be to have custom two-piece brakes made up, but these are usually £400 a pair minimum. But they do offer excellent reductions in un-sprung weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts