Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Eveining,

Its been a while but now I'm back and have a Problem that has reminded me of an event that happened a year ago. (A jubilee clip fell between the V of my V6 24v and shifted the timing of my rear Cams)

Today after a good engine clean up a tiny piece of newspaper about 2cm squared flew on my engine and just my luck ended between the V. I tried to grab it but it moved lower next to the coolant hose.

Can this tiny piece of paper cause any damage ? I haven't turned the car on yet as I am worried sick. Any Clues ?

Thanks & Regards.

Keith

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I understand your fears given your previous bad luck, but it's gonna get mashed if near anything moving and toasted to a carbon crisp if it stays where it is.

HTH

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm afraid its already on the side of the coolant pipe, all I can see is its corner, I don't actually know how I can fit a nozzle between the Inlet Manifolds then again I don't even have a hoover with such a nozzle :(

At least you have put my mind at ease, I'll start her up tomorrow and let you know, hopefully it will get spat out from one of the Gears or oblitherated. Fingers Crossed !

Thanks & Nice Evening.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Results are in... After so much worrying I started the car today and all is fine (touch wood) !! It appears that that piece got disintegrated with the Heat and the white spirit I was cleaning the heads with.

Thanks so much for your help !!

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts