Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry everyone I know the good old tyre thread has been discussed over and over again but
does any one know if we would get away with fitting 245/45/18 instead of the 235/45/18??

Tyre Size Diameter Circumference Difference Speedo Fits Wheel Rim
---------- -------- ------------- ---------- ------ --------------
235/45 R18 668 mm 2099 mm 0.00 % 70.00 8x18 to 9.5x18
245/45 R18 678 mm 2130 mm 1.48 % 71.03 8x18 to 9.5x18

From my understanding as long as it is under 2.5% all should be ok.
I know the speedo will be out slightly but I always drive with my road angel pulgged in.

these are the tyres im looking.

FALKEN TYRES / CAR / FALKEN FK452 FALKEN FK 452 - 245/45R18 100Y XL TL £113.00 Car Tyres - MPV Tyres - People Carrier Tyres - 18" R18" - 245/45/18, 245/45 R 18

The wider size will be put on the back as only two of my tyres need changing will this work better??

Any input welcome:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, can't answer you size question, but I'm using Falkens and they look like the ones you linked to. They are very good by the way. why not stick with std size?

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
...The wider size will be put on the back as only two of my tyres need changing will this work better??
Running mixed sizes on a car that is designed to run the same all round is usually not the way to go.
(although Chavs with wide rear tyres on their FWD Corsa would disagree... :lol: )

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, can't answer you size question, but I'm using Falkens and they look like the ones you linked to. They are very good by the way. why not stick with std size?
cost and choice thats the only reason

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Running mixed sizes on a car that is designed to run the same all round is usually not the way to go.
(although Chavs with wide rear tyres on their FWD Corsa would disagree... :lol: )
might have to look into changing all four then??

·
Registered
510 Posts
Check you don't invalidate yout insurance as you wouldn't be using a manufacturers recommended tyre size

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check you don't invalidate yout insurance as you wouldn't be using a manufacturers recommended tyre size
yes ive read this in a few posts will check with insurance company before i purchase the new tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts