Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if these inscriptions on a camshaft is for a 2L Twinspark engine and is it c&b cams ?

Ar16.102.280s
Ar16.103.280s

I've search the internet and have not found anything.. pls help

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
The codes appear to be Columbo and Bariani. It is certainly their style of number.
AR- manufacturer.
16- number of valves.
102/103- profile
280- off the seat duration (not opening duration).

I cannot access the C&B site.
Why do people making websites always feel the need to meddle and necessitate a newer browser and use more data for getting information? 'Progress' is an illogical concept.

Anyway, they aren't numbers for Kent Cams, Cat Cams, Piper Cams or Alquati (Pittatore camshafts).
Have I missed any?- maybe Shankle?

I'd contact C&B but sometimes companies aren't keen on helping as they are not making a sale on new parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
they do not match exactly what is currently on their website for the TS 16V engine, but the format seems indeed to be C&B.

Maybe they are discontinued profiles, or they fall under the 'Race profiles available on request' note (see first pic)?

Have you measured the lift? It could give you a hint ;-)

They seem to be both exhaust cams (s: scarico -> exchaust)

·
Registered
186 Posts
on second thought, if their road max has exhaust duration 260º and yours 280º, I bet they are rally/race cams :biglaugh:

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Yes, a 280 cam on a 16 valve engine should be quite a lot and probably only doing good work above 4k rpm (but that's a wild guess).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts