Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I get the feeling that this angle isn't exactly standard?

seller said that not too long ago the car got all 4 wheels aligned anyway...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I wouldn't tend to believe anything a seller of a car says, unless they have evidence to prove it. I guess that simply getting the tracking checked front and rear, could be described as 'four wheel alignment check'. Secondly, GTVs do have a lot of negative camber, but it's hard to tell from your pics, as they look like they've been taken on an angle.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would keep it lowered, i just got non-directional tyres. Half way through their life time i just turn them around and it feels like i got new tyres again!
Also it handles way better its similar camber to a race car haha
Im not sure if you can adjust the camber on the gtv only thing to do is like what berni said, raise it back up again.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
yeah, the camber's non adjustable. Think it does have a little bit of neg as standard, and if some suspension parts have seen better days can increase. But might have been lowered, have a look to see what colour the springs are..

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been looking into this myself, I have massive negative camber and after checking everything can only put it down to 2 things, design possibly made worse maybe by weak springs? Does anybody know what the correct camber is?

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Not easy to tell from those photos what's going on really. Can you take a couple more from a further distance away?

Also remember the rear toe on the 916 cars is adjustable - there is an adjusting rod each side that runs from the subframe to the upper wishbone. Quite often this is out and tends to make the wheel 'kick out'. Rear toe should be 2 degrees neg, and the rear needs setting up correctly before the front is aligned.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Looks to me like its been excessively lowered. Mine looked a bit like that when the spring pan bushes needed replacing. I now have Eibach springs which lower the car by approx.20mm, and the camber is within spec which for pre '98 cars is minus 2 degrees 20 minutes, and '98 on cars is minus 1 degree 47 minutes, both plus or minus 20.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi

My springs are red. Fitted by the Alfa main dealer when the car was 1 year old (by a PO). Are they just shorter or also uprated? I do not like them.... too harsh. Keep bottoming out over table top speed humps as well.

Berni

1 - 10 of 10 Posts