Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I seem to have alignment issues with my car. Basically my rear tyres were worn out on the inside like a 50p coin and had them both replaced. Now after less than 1000miles with th e new tyres I seem to be having the same problem again. The inside of the tyres are starting to get worn again.

I have had two realignments done and the fronts are okay as well as the rear. However the garage said that I have a camber issue and that on a 156 it is not adjustable. I checked for play in the transverse arms but there is no knocking. However they do seem to be the original parts. Don't think they have ever been replaced. (I may be wrong)

Any solutions to my problem? Anyone with information is welcome to share. :)

I have spent too much on this car and I don't want to spend any more at the moment. :cry:

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
What did you have the tracking set to?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The setting they used was the manufacturer standard.
That is;

FRONT WHEELS
Toe-in – 1 ± 0.6 mm (*) (– 9 ± 5´ mm)

REAR WHEELS
Toe-in 3 ± 1 mm (*) (27´ ± 9´)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
the general recommendation now is to set the fronts straight 0deg, that's what I've got mine set to and I get pretty even wear.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hey guys. I seem to have alignment issues with my car. Basically my rear tyres were worn out on the inside like a 50p coin and had them both replaced. Now after less than 1000miles with th e new tyres I seem to be having the same problem again. The inside of the tyres are starting to get worn again.

I have had two realignments done and the fronts are okay as well as the rear. However the garage said that I have a camber issue and that on a 156 it is not adjustable. I checked for play in the transverse arms but there is no knocking. However they do seem to be the original parts. Don't think they have ever been replaced. (I may be wrong)

Any solutions to my problem? Anyone with information is welcome to share. :)

I have spent too much on this car and I don't want to spend any more at the moment. :cry:
wheel hub bushes are worn :thumbs: if transverse arms are good ,you will find even though tracking is correct as you drive brake accelerate etc tracking is altering thus 50 p wear :thumbs:

ps camber is adjustable through rear beam but only to equalize camber

1 - 5 of 5 Posts