Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
next week i am going to be doing a full cambelt change inc aux belt water pump and tensiners ,dont know if it has been done before but get it done before it snaps my 156 2.0ts just hit 99000 last stamp in my alfa book was 76000 oil+air,
all tools are available to me but do i need the cam locking tool which we dont have or is there another way to lock them , do they need locking at all ?? anyone who has done this them selfs and can give me a few hints would be grateful ,
cheers Francis

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
You MUST use the correct cam locks for your engine.

DO NOT attempt the job without them.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I have just spent £150 or so on correct Alfa tools for my twin spark GTV. I don't like to spend money for the sake of it. If you are going to do it yourself, get the right tools for the job.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
as David already said : do not replace cambelt without the proper locking tools, after all they are only 30 quid (or some such) the old tippex method won't work on a TS engine !!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
If you're replacing the variator too then be sure to refit the bearing end cap bolts before refitting the inlet pulley and setting up the timing, otherwise you'll be doing the belts twice ;)

Guess how I know :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts