Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Recently bought a '99 plate 156 V6 with 68k which is in really good nick but the cambelt cover has been left off. Chap I bought it from has run it as such for 2 years and it's never been an issue but it worries me and noted some threads are compounding this as they stress 'get one on asap'.

Covers are £30 on Ebay but how much to fit, is it a quick job or does it involve removing half the engine bay to get at it?

Would leaving them off be a major worry?

Regs

Ade
:thumbs:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
I'd fit one ASAP - DIYable job :thumbs:

L

·
0 Posts
the upper long cover that covers the 4 pulleys? 3 or 4 allen headed bolts needed to keep in place BUT you ahve to remove the engine to do this work, it'll take 28.4 days to complete the task ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
the upper long cover that covers the 4 pulleys? 3 or 4 allen headed bolts needed to keep in place BUT you ahve to remove the engine to do this work, it'll take 28.4 days to complete the task ;)
If the 2-part metal cover is missing, the 28.4 day estimate might be about correct. In that case i'd do it at the same time as the cambelt.

If only the plastic side cover is missing you should be able to get away with removing only top engine mount unless 156 available space differs a lot from gt. Requires some twisting and bending of the cover but definitely doable diy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts