Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading loads of woes about cambelts etc, i decided to have mine changed, when i bought the car i was told belts and tensioners were done, at 72000, now covered 77000, i was a bit unsure as the belts in the service book were done at a backstreet garage (not that anything wrong with that) and this was written in over the service stamp,
and on startup i had the diesel sound so maybe the variator was not done as well
i looked around and found Auto Italiana in exeter, spoke to roy the man in charge and he sounded like he was someone you could trust to do the work,
booked the car in and drove down today (about 45 miles),
great place full of alfas young and old could have stayed all day just looking, and as for Roy he is a "ALFA NUT", great guy had a good talk about alfas and what work was needed on mine, thought i would have belts ,tens., variator, water pump done,
i even got a courtessey car( little fiat)
left the car and popped back home to pick mrs and kids up to do some shopping in exeter.
Roy called me after lunch to say i could pick up in the middle afternoon
and to say "I WAS LUCKY AS THE BELT HAD ONLY BEEN CHANGED (72000 MILES) AND NOT THE TENSIONERS AND EVEN THIS WAS NOT CORRECT TIMMING OUT" PHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH AND THE WATER PUMP BEARING SEEMED A BIT IFFY
picked the car up and she drove like new whoopee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)
and as for Roy star man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and price?????
cambelt kit, balance shaft belt,balance shaft tensioner,water pump,coolant and the variator +vat+labour £460
now i reckon thats a very good price!!! money well spent as now i have peace of mine !!!!!!!!
thanks to the guys on here as well who recomended them cheers!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Even though Alf has now gone (to Steve...ot sure of his username) and I miss him already, I still keep in touch with Roy. He is without doubt one of the nicest and most honest guys I have ever met in the trade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts