Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was toying with flogging the GTA, after reading all the stories of cambelt issues and such like I thought I might just be better out. Also whilst trying to fix the "manifold leak" (which failed) I noticed that the cambelt wasn't located correctly and rubbing the cam cover (could this be what my noise on start up is?)....also with all the cycling I do (and transporting of the bike in the car) I thought I needed something more user friendly. :cry:

But, you only live once and I cant part with the car, 10 weeks is just not enough time to enjoy the car, so its booked in a week today to have the cambelt, tensioners, water pump etc etc done, and I can't wait!

I just wanted to share this with you all. :)

Any ideas on good bike racks or roof bars for a GTA? :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
dont get rid of the gta!!

a boot rack is the way to go, go to any decent bike shop (not halfords) and they should sort you somthing suitable, i have seen far too many accidents happen with roof racks when i used to work in a bike shop, its too easy to forget about the extra height when going into car parks/maccys etc and then you get a nasty noise and a big repair bill

its surprising how many people used to walk in carrying a bent bike with an embarrased look on their face and a mashed up car roof :rolleyes:

with a boot rack you are reminded about it every time you look in your mirrors

:thumbs:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I got a set of roof bars and have not used them yet.

You'll find it hard to get much choice and the Alfa ones have been known to destroy the door rubbers!

Go with a boot rack.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Noooo dont get rid of the GTA! Infact I forbid it!!:lol: Now that you are getting the cambelt done it should be resonably trouble free motoring for a while. Good job you spotted the rubbing else ***PING*** & ****! Mine is in for cambelt and driveshaft on Tuesday. Have you got a Q2? If not get one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts